Thursday 24/11/2011 We Collect Our 16.49-3OB!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Very excited - just under 3 weeks to go and we collect our van. It is sitting at Jayco Nowra as of now - dealer sent through some photos this afternoon for my wife and I to look at. Can't wait to get it. Extended draw bar, 16" wheels, simplicity suspension etc etc. The extended draw bar looks like it will make access to the spare easier.
Can probably post photos they sent me if anyone interested.

Cheers

Bill

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Congrats - sounds great! Where did they put the gas and the pare on the extended draw bar? How were Jayco Nowra to deal with - we have driven past there a couple of times and also dropped in once. Did you feel they did you a good deal? We are still researching our specs before we order - but will talk to a few dealers in the process

Thanks Busy Busy Mum

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
As promised, photos from dealer - I dealt with 3 Jayco dealers - Tim Atkins from Nowra Jayco was the only one who answered my questions as per my email. His price was $2500 less than another dealer. Worth the drive from Gosford for us - that's our experience anyway... Find someone you have empathy/trust with. Other friends (close) have been really happy with Jayco Newcastle - go with the vibes that suit you....hope I make sense....

Cheers

Bill

Image 1.jpgImage 8.jpgImage 9.jpgImage 10.jpgImage 11.jpgImage.jpg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Busy Busy Mum - check out the photos re where gas bottles are....Tim from Jayco Nowra we found very good to deal with. Other things we ordered were - Zana fabric for backrest and cushion (were not overly keen on backrest patterns), larger fridge, 2 external gas bayonets, hyland coupling, smev oven, control panel, tv antenna (no tv - will buy Kogan 12 volt later), 2 solar panels, 2 batteries, inner spring mattresses, privacy screens, picnic table, anderson plug, simplicity suspension, 16" wheels. No air con - we have coped very well for 7 years in off road camper (sold on to son and daughter-in-law) with no air con - will add gas central heating later on - cold harder to deal with.
Overall can't wait to get van and get away somewhere.
I think the ages of my wife and myself are somewhat greater than most people who frequent this forum! (our children are all grown up - 30,28,24) - what we love about the Expanda is easier to use than camper trailer - heaps of space relative to length of van - choices we have made re wheels and suspension should mean we will be able to go to most places we went before with camper. Plus the beds take us back to our days in the camper - canvas etc. Anyway age is a state of mind after all!!
Hope to meet some fellow Expanda people once we hit the road...

Cheers

Bill

Reactions: busybusymum

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Great photos Bill. Makes me wish I had the extended drawbar but I didn't know about them when ordering.

As to age, don't worry, my kids range in age from 45 to 50. :noidea: But I've always believed 'growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional'. I'm yet to take up the option. :tongue: Look forward to meeting up on the road.

Paul

Gaz70

Banned
Sep 14, 2011
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
great looking van, i extended the draw bar and put an alloy box there to carry BBQ and genie, fits well, would mind seeing a couple of pics of the suspension and wheels....when you can add them..

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Firstly I should say that it only through this site and searching around the net that I have found the concept of the extended A frame, plus lots of other useful things like the 12 Volt van for the fridge (to make the fridge work better in tropical conditions - northern Aust) so thank-you to everyone who posts!

Bill rW - Thanks on the info on the gas bottles and spare they are in the position I would have thought useful. Goodluck with the van - cant wait till we get ours- but we have to order first!!!

I had a look at a model here in the local dealership - Albury and the gas bottles and spare were halfway along the A-frame - which seemed a bit strange to me - but the dealer said it was probably to do with towball weight - he indicated to be careful loading onto the A-frame as it affects your towball weight whereas what is loaded into the van goes onto the payload. Has anyone else been told anything different? I was wanting to go the extension to put a toolbox and put in there the stuff that normally goes into the van last - ie awning matting, foldup chairs etc. Has anyone got a 17" and ordered extended A frame - where was the spare and gas bottles fitted there.

By the way why did you go the 16" wheels - we are umming and arrhing over that one!

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
VERY NICE!! We picking our 16.49 -1 up on the 25th of this month!! Can't wait!! We also opted for the 16' wheels as the tyres are freely available where ever you go. We bought our van from Warburton in Bundaberg instead of Mackay. Added loads of extras and ended up $7000 cheaper and only driving 250km further to pick it up...... need I say more?????