thinking of a bigger fridge

JAS095

Aug 26, 2012
hi there we have a 2007 16.46.1 expanda and are thinking of putining in a bigger fridge as it only has a 90lt at the moment. this could involve moving the microwave to where the AC is and the AC to the roof has any trued this???????

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I don't think anyone on the forum has tried this. I think your major hurdle would be the A/C on the roof. The Heron unit cannot go on the roof so a new one would be required and I think the roof needs to be reinforced to carry the weight. Good luck & if you go ahead, keep us posted.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I don't think anyone on the forum has tried this. I think your major hurdle would be the A/C on the roof. The Heron unit cannot go on the roof so a new one would be required and I think the roof needs to be reinforced to carry the weight. Good luck & if you go ahead, keep us posted.

Yep chartrock is correct. Jayco put a H section frame in the roof to carry the A/C. You could probably brace it some but to be honest, I would look at other options like selling and buying again, that's in effect what we did.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Would not be worth the hassle. I would think it would be easier to buy an Engel or similar. Mods you are talking about are not viable, nearly easier to trade in and upgrade to what you need.

Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, agree with comments above, where do you live? I might have a 60L engel for sale.....less than half price!

Cheers.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Unless the mod was done REALLY well I'm guessing it would not add to re-sale. Possibly even lower it's value.

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
+ 1 to add an Engel / Waeco type fridge. We have always worked this way, have the 12v fridge in the back of the car, and if we are staying in one spot long enough, it gets moved into the annex or under the awning.

Jason