Electrical Thetford Toilet Ventilator Installation

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
thanks for that -- I'll look for supplier closer than UK if possible however the D2 diesel heater from UK worked out OK!
I couldn’t find any here in Australia when I got mine, so I got the UK one.

I also had a good experience with my D2 heater from the UK.

Reactions: alexvk2

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
I finally got around to installing on my 20.64 Expanda.

Wasn’t too difficult in the end but took me a good three hours.

Biggest issue to be honest was reinstalling and getting to to look like factory as it was all siliconed in and needed to be re done after removal.

Works great!!!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I finally got around to installing on my 20.64 Expanda.

Wasn’t too difficult in the end but took me a good three hours.

Biggest issue to be honest was reinstalling and getting to to look like factory as it was all siliconed in and needed to be re done after removal.

Works great!!!
Great to see another one in.

Yes I found re doing the silicone the hardest part, especially down beside the washing machine as there is bugger all space

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Bellbirdweb, I struggle with the toilet "acid eyes" and the rest; we use Nappysan so no chemical smells. Whats the underfloor vent look like; can you grab a pic at some point. Im interested in the unit, it seems to draw bugger all power which is a major factor for me. Im concerned about the vent being exposed to continuous clouds of fine dust for hours on end; your thoughts?? You mentioned the outlet can be routed elsewhere??

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
41F279F4-A48D-4EE0-B7CC-9FF88B926A28.jpeg
Hey @Bellbirdweb, I struggle with the toilet "acid eyes" and the rest; we use Nappysan so no chemical smells. Whats the underfloor vent look like; can you grab a pic at some point. Im interested in the unit, it seems to draw bugger all power which is a major factor for me. Im concerned about the vent being exposed to continuous clouds of fine dust for hours on end; your thoughts?? You mentioned the outlet can be routed elsewhere??
@Crusty181 as you can se from the pic, it would be fairly simple to attach a hose to the outlet and route it somewhere.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
After getting pounded with dust and finding if it can get in in will, I think a 90deg bend and a short of pipe would be prudent. Do we have the C260?, and are you aware what the difference is with the much maligned C250

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
After getting pounded with dust and finding if it can get in in will, I think a 90deg bend and a short of pipe would be prudent. Do we have the C260?, and are you aware what the difference is with the much maligned C250
Yep we have the C260. Ive not bothered to compare between the 250 and 260, so not sure what the difference, but I’d have to say I’ve been pretty happy with ours.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yep we have the C260. Ive not bothered to compare between the 250 and 260, so not sure what the difference, but I’d have to say I’ve been pretty happy with ours.
I cant fault ours either. I wasnt sure which model it was, searching Google the C250 gets a bum wrap. I see the C260 now comes in a ceramic bowl option, but where my plastic bowled unit is quite solid the ceramic one was noticably very top heavy. I would be concerned about it on extended rough roads

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
Any one that has the Thedford setup care to update this post, I'm at the purchase stage and trying to decide between this and the SOG.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Any one that has the Thedford setup care to update this post, I'm at the purchase stage and trying to decide between this and the SOG.
I’m happy with the Thetford System after 12 months of use. Keeps the majority smells completely out of the van, which was the reason I purchased it.

Reactions: WHHEMI

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
You do have to alter the way you use the toilet a little. Best to press the flush button briefly before you open the flap and use it as pressing the button starts the fan automatically. If you don’t and just press it after you are finished using the toilet then the smell can escape up from the toilet.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just ordered the kit thanks @Bellbirdweb
@Crusty181 finding the procelin bowl and hand basin a great improvement over the plastic tbh .
They certainly feel more like the home throne for sure. Id be worried about how they would deal with the corrugations we experienced (keep finding more screws in odd places, found some more yesterday. Ive think Ive found about 2 vans worth so far). I would expect not too many vans would come with the plastic version any more ???

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
They certainly feel more like the home throne for sure. Id be worried about how they would deal with the corrugations we experienced (keep finding more screws in odd places, found some more yesterday. Ive think Ive found about 2 vans worth so far). I would expect not too many vans would come with the plastic version any more ???

Go airbags @Crusty181 the difference in ride quality is very noticeable :biggrin1:

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,
Installed the kit on the weekend following the instructions and @Bellbirdweb photos.

Only differences where:
  1. I disconnected the water under the van and not within the toilet (Hole was not sealed well so re-sealed at the same time).
  2. Interesting to see the different electrical connectors used. Mine where household joiners. May change that later.
  3. It stumped me for a while as to how to remove the back of the toilet against the wall. Finally found that the back section was cable tied to the bracket. This stops the back from lifting and coming away from the wall. (see photos)
This is looking up with the toilet installed from the cassette door (with cassette removed). The 2 cable ties holde the toilet down on the bracket, which in turn holds the toilet on to the back wall.
I needed to cut the cable ties so that the toilet would come out. A mirror was very handy to do this as there are a number of cables that you do not want to cut.

IMAG0637.jpg

This is the bracket with the toilet removed. To re-install you lift the toilet up over the bracket push it against the wall and down onto the bracket. I then installed the cable ties which hold the toilet down on the bracket.

IMAG0638.jpg