Journey The Journey is Home.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We picked up our new Journey 17-55-9 today from Brisbane Camperland after a 5 month wait. It was a good pick up, with everything seeming to work as planned but there were the usual stuff ups and things not done as per request. But the classic was the placement of a power point which we had requested above a small piece of bench beside the stove so we could plug in our coffee machine. The factory put it on the wall right slap in the middle of the stove so that if you opened the lid on the stove, the power point was blocked. :o The dealer shifted the PP as shown in the picture.
DSC_8588-1 copy.jpg
Some of the other problems include the TV power point and 12V socket were to be set as high as possible so as not to interfere with people in the bed. But it was not done. Nor was the jockey wheel placed inside the A frame as requested as it could not be fitted with the jerry can holder in position.
DSC_8582.JPG DSC_8583.JPG DSC_8584.JPG DSC_8589.JPG DSC_8591.JPG DSC_8592.JPG
Then the storm hit. :(:( No hail but it has not stopped raining for around 6 hours so far.
DSC_8593.JPG We placed blankets over the sky-lights just in case but it all seems OK.

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Great stuff @chartrock !!! I love this van layout for 2 people and can see myself in one one day. Pity about the little stuff ups and I hope that storm clears soon for ya. Good water leak test anyway.

Reactions: chartrock

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi @chartrock that looks great, probably a good water test as well (glass half full as your'e usually is)
Have you had any interest in the 14 yet, I thought it would be well gone by now?
How does the trusty Navara pull it?
We will have to try and catch up in the new year for a look, still working on Carmel to get a new one but the grand kids are coming away with us at Christmas so I might be a little premature in my thoughts.
Cheers Dave

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Hi Chartock, looks fantastic. Very very jealous. That's the exact layout I would love, but hubby wants to downsize!!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @chartrock that looks great, probably a good water test as well (glass half full as your'e usually is)
Have you had any interest in the 14 yet, I thought it would be well gone by now?
How does the trusty Navara pull it?
We will have to try and catch up in the new year for a look, still working on Carmel to get a new one but the grand kids are coming away with us at Christmas so I might be a little premature in my thoughts.
Cheers Dave
G'day Dave, there has been a number of inquiries but only one person has been out to look and his wife convinced him to buy new but I'm patient. The Nav pulled it quite well but we did not climb any mountains this time. :D We came home without the WDH but I was not impressed with the way it seemed to bounce driving on the concrete motorway, I think the front of the tug may have been a bit light.
It would be good to catch up sometime soon, one of our reasons for the model we have is there is no room for "extras". If anyone comes away with us they have to have their own accommodation. :biggrin-new: But good luck working on Carmel. She does not say a lot but "no" is a small word. :boink:
Regards
Paul