The Exterminators Expanda - Expandasitis

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Thanks everyone.
@mrhappi - it flexes pretty nice too and tows well.
@Peter Black - good to see you over here. How is your van going? You got yours about 1 week or so before us I think. I (we) have commented on some of your posts on Jayco Expanda Caravans FB page as Nathan-Jodie (me and my wife).

Ah! Well there ya go :) we're loving our van - busting to get out again though! We were thinking about going for a quick ovrrnighter on Friday but we'd double booked; going skiing Saturday morning with friends!

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
How do you find your kakadu surrounds mate? I'm undecided on what to do here. Tempted to make them myself, but just not sure...

We love em. To be honest I had thought about making my own, only for about 1 second. For the money they are a great bit of kit, very good quality and so easy to put in. I figured that I had just bought a $49,000 van, and for the sake of saving a few hundred dollars some home made ones would make it look cheap. It also came down to time for me. Being self employed I can earn 10x what they cost by going to work instead of wasting my time making them up. I love to tinker, but not with a sewing machine.

Reactions: blacky

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Haha, very understandable mate! I'm a bit the same too, but my pop is an upholsterer, he does some great canvas work, though he's getting a bit beyond it now.. but it would be a great opportunity to learn, and make something unique?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Haha, very understandable mate! I'm a bit the same too, but my pop is an upholsterer, he does some great canvas work, though he's getting a bit beyond it now.. but it would be a great opportunity to learn, and make something unique?
Go for it. It'll be great for you and your Pop, even if it's the only project you tackle.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
I've learnt quite a lot already, my wife and I make all our own horse gear, saddles and all, whips belts, pretty much anything leather.. But the canvas/vinyl is one side of his talents I've not really had much to do with.. I think I just might do it :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Looks like a great set up. I like the marine carpet on the step. How did you fix it on?
Speakers are a clever and easy upgrade.

Nice work