Exterior tempering valve????

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
sick of having luke warm water, so went to plumbing shop to get new tempering valve and they only had them with the thread for hot and cold on the outside. Original one has internal thread. Do I have to get one from jayco or is the reece plumbing shop having me on that they haven't seen one like this or just a bad sales...person. Barney

Oct 21, 2012
Hey barny have you tried adjusting it you can take blue cover off and there is a nut that you turn using the cover should be arrows with hot and cold turn in direction off hot to its stops then that gives you max temp hope that works

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Mine has a red cover and is non adjustable, had to call into Jayco and get one plastic fitting to connect it . Just finished putting it together laying in the sand and leaves at honeymoon bay, Jervis bay. Waiting for water to heat up to see if it works. Talk about leaving things to the last second. Apparently they use 2 different ones. Barney

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If mine craps out while I'm away I'll just isolate the damn thing. What was the temp it was putting out ? they only give you about 53 deg, hardly hot enough to do dshes.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You get what you pay for with tempering valves. They very rarely fit when you change them over but with JG pipe it would be easy to make them fit. The idea of them is so people don't get scalded so don't go getting rid of it. Actually 53 is good, a touch on the hot side but acceptable. Jayco use a different pipe for the untempered hot and it seems a bit more heavy duty than the red pipe. I find they work better if both inlet pressures are equal. If you are going to a trade store ask for a high performance valve suitable for a continuous flow unit, they are better but $$$.

Reactions: Drover

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Hmmm, water is hot in the hot water tank but stone cold coming out of the tap, at least I had luke warm water before, looks like more investigating

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Just double checked my handy work from last night and put the hot and cold lines on tempering back to front, thought I was being smart and wrote on floor with chalk even tho they are coloured coded and just connected them without looking at the very blatant letter c and h on the valve. Now swapped around the correct way and have hot hot water. Moral of the story, fix things before having a few beers

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bahahaha @barney120 , nice to know there are others out there as well and it's not just me................

PS: Old Nowra fella and love it over in the Valley, great place.