Just Browsing Tare weight of new 2014 1756 2 expanda

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
yes it's all fine that as long as you don't load it to the max and stay under your vehicles limit it should be fine BUT

If say you have an accident and the van is totaled and spread all over the side of the road making it impossible to weigh it, I bet the insurance company will simply look at the plate and use those figures regardless of what you actually had in the van. So if the plate is higher than the limit of your vehicle then you are buggered before you even begin to argue with them. Just my 2c worth.

Sorry gypsy but that's not what will happen. The onus is on them to prove that not only you were overloaded BUT that it was the cause of the accident. The reply from transport is correct. It's how's it been with car trailers for years.

tenere

Jun 23, 2014
Dural nsw
Does anyone have the tare weight of the new 2014 1756 2 expanda. I have heard it is much heavier that the stated 1925 weight mentioned in the magazine. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Peter I just put my 2014 17/56/2 over the weigh bridge . I had not put a thing in or on it . All tanks were empty but both gas bottles were full and on board , I have the extended draw bar , Leaf springs , microwave Oven , no TV . It weighed 1960 kg but had 1922 kg on the plate .

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks. I always wondered how accurate they were. Ill have to do the same on handover day.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
What could they do different to get different weights? Would think that could end up being a liability issue if can be proven to be wrong from the factory.

BJ

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Not sure what they do to get such a weight variance between vans. Extras only account for some, but not all. Gas bottles would have been empty which would account for 18 kg. I've ordered the new outback with the new suspension. I havnt Seen one of these 2014 vans with the new suspension come in anywhere near the 1922 kg stated in the jayco brochure.