No Options Apply Tanks

Mattb

Jun 12, 2022
Sydney
Hi folks
Can anyone help myself out here I have no water from tanks. Tanks are full and pump is on
I have pump running and water splatting out of tap but I notice water coming out on water mains inlet. Like a fair bit
checked under the van looking for a one way valve or something preventing water flowing right direction

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi folks
Can anyone help myself out here I have no water from tanks. Tanks are full and pump is on
I have pump running and water splatting out of tap but I notice water coming out on water mains inlet. Like a fair bit
checked under the van looking for a one way valve or something preventing water flowing right direction
sounds like your non return valve is stuck open and letting water blow back through the inlet, put your fill hose onto the mains inlet, kink it to stop back flow ,if it is the NRV ,spluttering should stop and water should flow freely through the van taps, if it is the NRV maybe a new one is in order , you can try poking around the mains inlet to see if something is keeping the NRV open. , good luck

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It certainly does sound like the inlet NRV is stuffed as @poor but proud pointed out, what happens is the O ring fails so it doesn't seal off, a quick fix is to use a a blocked off hose or you plug your hose onto mains and the other end onto the tap on draw bar which stops the flow and you don't have to kink the hose.....

The fix, you can stuff around pulling the mains inlet out and replacing it or you can fit a John guest NRV in the mans line an easy fix and later on you can pull out the mains plug and remove the valve from the unit then just refit the inlet... The Guest fitting will stop reverse flow and problem solved..... Quite a few end up redoing the mains inlet to hang off a bracket on side of van underneath, easier to use, more robust fitting and less plumbing inside van to leak.

Its always handy to have a couple of Guest fittings as spare, a joiner, a NRV and an angle along with a metre of pipe, colour of pipe doesn't matter they are all rated the same..... available at any RV shop.

1655060331656.png
Mains water inlet with NRV ............................................
1655060403397.png
...John Guest NRV

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
The large brass non return valve can be taken apart and cleaned,can get gunk etc jamming the valve .Make sure the arrow on the side points same way as water flow.If an older van better to replace the whole valve.Google search
will get you the best price and fit for the Jayco .It can be located just inside filler or under the van on inlet piping as Drover said the plastic one also packs up.

Mattb

Jun 12, 2022
Sydney
Yeah thanks found it it’s whale valve in the inlet of mains connection what a stupid position to put the valve of course it was the last place I looked.
pulled it out and threw it as far as possible installed a guest NRV IN A NEW accessible location

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Way to go .................. I pulled all my water lines out and re ran them, gave smoother flow lines, better pressure and came away with some spare pipe and a few fittings also lessened the chance of lines popping off as some didn't have much wiggle room either. The mains fill I moved to just under the van so I didn't have to open that stupid flap all the time and I even fitted the pump underneath which took 13 joins from inside the van....

Reactions: Boots in Action