Starcraft Taken the plunge on a Starcraft 20.62-3 Outback

KEZE

Apr 17, 2016
Perth
Hi All,

Long time viewer, first time post.

We have taken the plunge and ordered a Starcraft 20.62-3 Outback, with fixed double bunks. Due off the line mid May and can't wait for it to arrive in Perth!

Extras include:
- fibreglass sides
- Drifter control panel (show special)
- reversing camera (show special)
- picnic table
- external entertainment unit
- Satellite
- extra 240v inside & out
- extra 12v sockets inside & out
- extra battery
- upgrade and extra 150w solar panel
- extra water tank
- external shower
- extra external light above outdoor shower
- shelves in wardrobes
- divider curtain to main bed
- trifold table
- upgrade wheels to 16"
- increase payload to 575kg
- extended drawer bar
- bike rack
- upgrade to Ibis air conditioner

First mod will be to rearrange the gas bottles on the drawer bar, hopefully to incorporate a stainless steel box. Also considering retro fitting a diesel heater but will see how we go.

There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this forum so we'll be sure to pick your brains.

The count down begins!

Mrs Keze

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @KEZE, both Mr and Mrs. :D There certainly is a wealth of info here with members happy to share but they love to spend your money. Don't forget to load some pics when the new toy arrives.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Love your work!
For one 20.62-3 owner to another the things I'd suggest are:
Two picnic drop down tables (I'd do this in a heartbeat).
Drawers under the bottom bunk and an extra hatch outside to access the dead space at the head of the bottom bunk. (A very useful mod and one I carried over from my Expanda).
In any case it sounds like you have done your homework.
Photos when it arrives or it didn't happen.
Cheers!
Ps Have a look at my van here.

KEZE

Apr 17, 2016
Perth
Thanks all. Very excited family over here and can't wait to sink our teeth into it.
@twoscoot - we actually had asked for a drawer under the rear bunk but deleted it on final order. We have the extra hatch on the rear bunk too, loads of storage under there thus why we ended up deleting the drawer to increase the length. Time will tell if we need to add a drawer down the track.
Your van looks great!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Congrats @KEZE and welcome to the forum..... Keep your eyes on the WA Meets/Member Section and join in one of our get togethers.
Trying to get a "Non Caravan" Day together so feel free to tag along on 12th June at Whiteman Park. Details HERE.

Reactions: KEZE

KEZE

Apr 17, 2016
Perth
So the wait is almost over.......Handover tomorrow! Checked the big girl over last weekend and had only a few minor details to be looked at prior to pick up (main concern was 3rd water tank not showing on drifter). Build is as per our requirements and so far looks to be good, nothing missed or in obscure places.
During the wait the Cruiser has had a visit to ARB and is looking pretty schmick. Very happy with the quality of work from the Wangara boys.
Have been reading this forum daily and getting some great ideas for mods to the van. Might even need to consider a diesel heater with some of these cold nights we've been having!
So now to soak in all the info tomorrow with lots of notes and then get out and use her! Photos to come.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight. Hope all goes well with the handover and look forward to seeing some pics of the new Starcraft.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Might even need to consider a diesel heater with some of these cold nights we've been having!
We won't need one soon..... With the number of people getting them fitted and when they all fire them up it will be hotter than "Global Warming" across Australia :flame: 8-)
But that reminds me... Got to get a small fan heater for the weekend after next while at Gingin!

Reactions: FiveInAVan

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We know a few of the sales guys there but not him...... Would have told you to tell them we said to say Hi and to look after you ;)