Take it Easy Over The Holidays

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to put something out there, especially during the school holiday breaks and as we all try and escape a bit with the kids.

I am a member of the VRA (Volunteer Rescue Association) in NSW and in the past 2 weeks I have been to 2 accidents both involving caravans. (One was a Jayco of some description) After seeing these and the state of the vans after both crashes, I am pleading with people to take it extra easy over the break. (and at any times for that matter)

Take the rests that you need, and travel according to the conditions.

Take it easy and enjoy the holidays and return safe.

Richard

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Thanks Richard Words well said.

We just got into Adelaide Shores then off to Flinders rangers then York peninsula for some fishing and blue swimmer crabs hopefully. All over the school holidays with the family .

m flack

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great thread Richard you cant be to carefull when travelling especially in the holiday period when people should maybe slowing down rather than just pushing on to get to there destination.

Mf be sure to post a trip report on your return :wave:

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hear, hear.............I'll second that.

Better to be 1/2 an hour late in this world instead of 40 years (or more) early to the next.:sad:

If you want to race, I can recommend a really great go-kart club!:evil:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well said Richard. An old NSW sign used to say "Better to arrive late than dead on time". I hope all of you going on holidays have a great time and arrive safe.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well said Richard.

Stay safe everyone, we had a good run south today, was rainy and really windy when we left home but we eventually drove out of it to clear sunny skies, very little traffic.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Life is about enjoying the journey, not reaching the destination. Shame this so often gets forgotten on the roads today.