17' Series Table converting to bed

Hosko

Oct 8, 2018
Adelaide
I have removed the table from the bracket on the 2 seater table under the bunk. Are you supposed to use the table as the bed base. It seems to me when placed on the timbers it sits on the moulding that over hangs the actual table by about 3mm. My fear is this will eventually cause the moulding to breakaway from the table. I'm thinking of making a bed base instead of using the table. What are peoples thoughts?

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
I have removed the table from the bracket on the 2 seater table under the bunk. Are you supposed to use the table as the bed base. It seems to me when placed on the timbers it sits on the moulding that over hangs the actual table by about 3mm. My fear is this will eventually cause the moulding to breakaway from the table. I'm thinking of making a bed base instead of using the table. What are peoples thoughts?
We have always used bottom table as a bed since new in 2011. We have our 8 yr old sleep on it and it has never caused us any concerns just by folding it down and leaving it on the moulding...not sure what other people do. You could always reinforce it for piece of mind...