Suspension, brakes?

ozwrangler

Dec 9, 2011
Vincentia, NSW
I noticed some strange noises from under the van on our Easter trip, including something between a squeak and groan going down Brown's Mountain.
Tweaked the brake controller, but no joy.

Any suggestions for reliable person/ place to take a look?
Canberra area?

Thanks

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Suggest check asap. There is a very good post a few weeks back about on-going brake problems.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I too noticed last week that I had no van brakes when driving. When I turned the electric brake adjustment up all I could hear was a squeeky noise so I turned it right down incase I was damaging brake pads that had worn out. So my brakes either need adjusting or replacing. Job for me to look at when the rain stops.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
This has been an on going problem for me. Had it back to Jayco Canberra and they serviced the brakes and said everything was fine.

Advised me to get a new brake controller (have Hayman Reese solid state type) as they think this is the cause. Barely been away with all the rain this year so haven't done the change over to a new controller yet. Probabky will try a Tekonsha P3.

I have my doubts if this is the cause but kind of happy to try as my brake controller is pretty crap to use and wanted to upgrade anyway. Fingers crossed this is the cause of the squeek as well.