Suspenion

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just wondering what everyone has for suspension.

Looking at some new stilts for the pathfinder.

Option 1 - Peddlers heavy duty had front and closed foam in the rear

Option 2 - ARB Old man emu constant 200kg's heavy duty

What's everyone else running?

Had peddlers in the past and had good experiences but not 4wd.

Old man emu sounds interesting woth the constant load as I am putting frdige and draws in the back of the apathy but not sure how they will ride.

Any info appreciated.....

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
I swear by EFS suspension , ive always used it never had a problem so thats nearly all i fit at work and everybodys happy , check it out

Reactions: xpanda

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Just wondering what everyone has for suspension.

Looking at some new stilts for the pathfinder.

Option 1 - Peddlers heavy duty had front and closed foam in the rear

Option 2 - ARB Old man emu constant 200kg's heavy duty

What's everyone else running?

Had peddlers in the past and had good experiences but not 4wd.

Old man emu sounds interesting woth the constant load as I am putting frdige and draws in the back of the apathy but not sure how they will ride.

Any info appreciated.....

Hi Expanda - Like Bushy Palace we replaced standard for EFS springs and shocks on our Pajero and are very happy with the difference

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I thought the ditch finder was making way for a triton?

Most suspensions offered today seem to be good. And I think some suit vehicles better than others. King of the shocks IMO is Koni but they are very dear. You can't beat big capacity oil for compliance and durability.

On the Paj I had EFS with Bilstiens. I don't know about all of EFSs springs but the Paj ones are made by Kings. They even use same numbering with a EFS prefix. The fronts sank 30-40mm after 30k but EFS refunded no questions so a big thumbs up to there service. I replaced with Lovells and even the wife commented on the more compliant ride. Made the decision to go with Lovells on the Cruza easier, not that you get much of a choice with a GVM upgrade!

Note if fitted bullbars, winches tyre carriers etc. springs will settle and sometimes a fair way.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I swear by EFS suspension , ive always used it never had a problem so thats nearly all i fit at work and everybodys happy , check it out

Cheers mate I'll add them to the list.

They seem to get a too wrap.

I have ARB OME works great for me .

Cheers mate great stuff.

Had Ironman Nitro/Gas on my Pajero and will probably stick with them when I upgrade the Cruiser Suspension.

Interesting and cheers another one for the list.

I have OME. Cant compare it to anything else but I am very happy.

But you still got stuck lol :)

Hi Expanda - Like Bushy Palace we replaced standard for EFS springs and shocks on our Pajero and are very happy with the difference

Another one for efs cheers!

I run tough dog in the cruiser and very happy with it. Have heard good stories of TJm Gold and Old Man Emu as well.

Cheers mate sounds good.

I thought the ditch finder was making way for a triton?

Most suspensions offered today seem to be good. And I think some suit vehicles better than others. King of the shocks IMO is Koni but they are very dear. You can't beat big capacity oil for compliance and durability.

On the Paj I had EFS with Bilstiens. I don't know about all of EFSs springs but the Paj ones are made by Kings. They even use same numbering with a EFS prefix. The fronts sank 30-40mm after 30k but EFS refunded no questions so a big thumbs up to there service. I replaced with Lovells and even the wife commented on the more compliant ride. Made the decision to go with Lovells on the Cruza easier, not that you get much of a choice with a GVM upgrade!

Note if fitted bullbars, winches tyre carriers etc. springs will settle and sometimes a fair way.

Cheers mate the ditchfinder is bbeing assesed for a few new parts to decide if I go for a triton or possibly a second hand navara before the cape trip this year!

But nice pickup.....

Do you know if the springs settle with the constant load ones?

Reason I ask is Arb so far is the only one to consider all aspects of what we are carrying and offer a solution like a 200kg's constant load spring.

If i keep the pathy I will be adding drawers, bar and some other things to it.

Reactions: relgate

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
All springs will settle some. Generally the heavier the load the more they will settle, but I'd think allow 10-15mm for a bar would suffice.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Think the old Hilux is running Rock suspension not that soft sandstone stuff, but granite .... drop 20 cents in front of me and i'll tell you if it's heads or tails ...... but thats the way i like it, takes something pretty severe to stop it

Reactions: xpanda

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Think the old Hilux is running Rock suspension not that soft sandstone stuff, but granite .... drop 20 cents in front of me and i'll tell you if it's heads or tails ...... but thats the way i like it, takes something pretty severe to stop it

Ha Ha dave like it :clap2:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
ARB (old man emu) in the Pajero cant complain, probably a little firmer than standard, better with load than without, had it in the older model Pathie big improvment there.