Super Springs

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Has anyone had any experience or do you know anyone with "super springs"?

They sit above the spring pack and allegedly only come into play when load is applied.

Have read many reviews but its always hard to tell if the good reviews have a vested interest or not.

Attachments

• F100-S5HD.jpg
    F100-S5HD.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 274

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't like them myself but if you want them to help saggy springs they aren't any good, if your springs are still good then they will help your springs carry on longer, they are okay for the odd bit of weight, not to support constant load, far better to replace originals or get them reset . My son in law asked me last year about them, I gave him the same advice, 6 mths of use he tossed them and fitted new springs....he did tow a tool trailer.

Reactions: 2slow

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Thanks Drover.
I have a new vehicle and am looking for some assistance on the rear suspension, so no I'm not trying too be a cheap-skate and I'm not hoping to prop up a saggy worn out rear end.

The ute has approx. 220kg of constant load but when the ute is loaded and the van (200kgs) hooked it adds approx. another 450-500kgs.
The vehicle actually carries the constant load and the ute payload well and it's only when the van is added to the mix that the rear end really drops to a point where it just looks plain wrong. I just can't bring myself to be driving around in a rig that looks like a banana.

I've also been pricing new spring packs from SSA and they are only a couple hundred dollars extra so maybe I'll go with them.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Have you thought about using a weight distribution hitch? I have a BT50 towing a Journey with a ball weight of over 200Kg and with the WDH, it sits quite level and, like you, I carry a constant load of tools in drawers in the back.