14' Series Storage

Stan Lee

Aug 29, 2012
rAdelaide
www.expandasdownunder.com
hi guys

any advice or tips on how u guys pack your cupboards and nik naks away? or any other storage advice??

I've seen some links but for the life of me can't find them!

photo's also a bonus :)

cheers

Stan :help:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
G'day Stan, like Brad said, anti-slip matting on shelves (no need for clothing) and drawers. Full better than half empty (less room for things to move) and glasses travel better upside down as this gives them a bigger base. Sometimes I wrap the wifes champagne glasses up for protection but I'll look into some sort of rack for these. Keep heavy items low and light items in overhead cupboards.

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Yep Im with Burnsy and Brad that non slip rubber matting stuff is the way to go and have used it almost everywhere.
Check your $2 or Chicken Feed shops for cheaper rolls. The good wine glasses go into stubby holders. Plenty of Tupperware or similar for everything else. Use plastic australia post type trays in overhead cupboards for the hard to reach corner bits especially.
Not sure what to put in van? Put sticker dots on everything. Peel them off when you use something. After couple of trips take out anything that still has a sticker on it.
We have one drawer for odds and sods (everything from batteries, band aids, first aid stuff, pens, glue, etc., etc.) All in individual ziplock bags with demo labels-Easy to find. Use small cane baskets with some of the rubber stuff glued on the bottom for things like remotes, keys, torch, USB connections. They sit neatly on ledges while camped and just get emptied into $2 pencil cases for travel, which fit in cupboards anywhere.
SWMBO made calico bags for reading lights and anything else that needs some protection. Writes on what's inside so I can find again. Will post some pics is anything doesn't make sense to you.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I like the dots idea. Every now and then we pull everything out and review its worthiness of being in the van. Stuff that never gets used is quickly removed.
We also use one of the shopper apps on the iPhone to track items that need to be replaced or added. Which is just a fancy way of keeping a list in the end.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I like the dots idea. Every now and then we pull everything out and review its worthiness of being in the van. Stuff that never gets used is quickly removed.
We also use one of the shopper apps on the iPhone to track items that need to be replaced or added. Which is just a fancy way of keeping a list in the end.
Like the App idea. I'm (marginally) less likely to lose my phone than a list.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yep Im with Burnsy and Brad that non slip rubber matting stuff is the way to go and have used it almost everywhere.
Check your $2 or Chicken Feed shops for cheaper rolls. The good wine glasses go into stubby holders. Plenty of Tupperware or similar for everything else. Use plastic australia post type trays in overhead cupboards for the hard to reach corner bits especially.
Not sure what to put in van? Put sticker dots on everything. Peel them off when you use something. After couple of trips take out anything that still has a sticker on it.
We have one drawer for odds and sods (everything from batteries, band aids, first aid stuff, pens, glue, etc., etc.) All in individual ziplock bags with demo labels-Easy to find. Use small cane baskets with some of the rubber stuff glued on the bottom for things like remotes, keys, torch, USB connections. They sit neatly on ledges while camped and just get emptied into $2 pencil cases for travel, which fit in cupboards anywhere.
SWMBO made calico bags for reading lights and anything else that needs some protection. Writes on what's inside so I can find again. Will post some pics is anything doesn't make sense to you.

You could be a professional Van organiser! How much would you charge for to organise a 17 foot with family of 5?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Relgate, it's taken over 30 years to get to this stage AND a wife that keeps tidying up after me. We also spent about 16 years winter free camping with a gypsy wagon towed by wife's Clydesdale horse. Limited space and need to be fairly self-sufficient knocked off a lot of rough edges. Summer it was the luxury of the Swan and Flamingo at the beach. The Expanda is a world away and I must admit I do like the van looking like a display model cause it makes swmbo happy.