Just Browsing Stick on hooks

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Just after a recommendation for some stick on hooks to replace the three varieties we've tried so far.

We got the ones from jayco....fell off
Then the Reject Shop model....fell off
Then the local hardware ones...also fell off.

They were used for towel hanging outside bathroom but we now need them for hanging broom as they're annoying us. We want to put them between bathroom wall and drop down bed so can't screw anything in.

Maybe someone has found some that actually stick properly.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Damn....I was thinking of the suction caps but will have a good look for something at the caravan show next week.

Hopefully, it will be the most expensive purchase at the show.....but other goodies might tempt me.

Also, I promised to measure the drop down table which someone had asked about. Now I can't find the appropriate thread but it 80x45.

I hope whoever asked (sorry!) finds it.

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks...that would solve the towel hook annoyance but not the ones for the brooms in a very narrow space.

I'll keep looking.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Pic showing on outside bathroom wall. I also tried on the back wall of the bathroom. The wall is thicker but the large end of the hook fits.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.JPG
    DSC_0140.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: DRW and Dobbie

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You little ripper!

That would save trying to stick it and it'd be far more secure.

Ours is a 16.49.3 .....what's yours?j

Thanks!

steen rasmussen

Oct 3, 2014
Mango Hill, Qld
You are always going to be limited if you don't want to put holes in the wall, try 3M who have a good range. Re putting in permanent fixtures, if you know you are going to get a lot of use out of what you put up and know that after market someone else will use then always go the permanent option. I have put in towel rails, hooks and other inside cupboard racking as they just make sense and certainly do not detract from the look of the inside of the van.

Good luck and hope you find something that works.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks interesting.

Why do ours fall off? As said, tried three lots and none have maintained any type of stick.

It's not as though we do lots of showering inside or washing up so it must be a humidity problem.

I'm going to try the 'over the top hooks' .....at least if they fall off, I'll know about it.

Reactions: dagree