Steel Bullbars

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Tigerz are getting a bad rep on after sales service. According to my dealer, the fail rate has increased and dealing with the company for warranty/repair is very difficult. So much so, he stopped selling them.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Tigerz are getting a bad rep on after sales service. According to my dealer, the fail rate has increased and dealing with the company for warranty/repair is very difficult. So much so, he stopped selling them.

TBH that's a pretty standard line from ex Tigerz dealers today SD. The guy that started Tigerz got the shitz up with his dealers and went direct with sales and cut out any dealer discounts. Yes there has been some warranty issues but the dealers don't like making nothing (cant blame them) For mine the Tigerz is about the best winch you will get for $6-700. The cheaper Tigerz $4?? ( Hercules?) is fantastic value but basic you have to be careful engaging the drive . The grande is better and has a great solenoid pack but a shitty plug/pin arrangement for the controller.

Any winch needs Maintance constantly and I think the influx of winches today means we here more and more.

FYI I don't have either model but am considering a Hercules for my Rodeo.

Again we are getting OT sorry

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Don't get me wrong, he still thinks overall the product is great, but *when* something went wrong which was increasingly so, it was hard to address and sat in either his workshop or Tigerz for months.
Its not the profit margin - they all make more money on the installation on most products whether ARB, Tigerz, Ironman, Warn or whatever, rather than a mark up on the product. The market is too competitive with the number of shops around and on-line sales to have higher mark ups.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Know a friend of the family that has had one for about 6 years now and has not had an issue at all. I have heard that the solenoids can be a bit funny but for around 100 buck replace them with heavy duty ones and there all good.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The problem with winches today is that so many people have them and the expectation is they last like everything else on a vehicle. Winches have always required basic and regular Maintance to keep going. I always strip a winch whether it is new or used and do it again at least at 12 mths depending where I have been. If having crossed a fair bit of water more frequent. These were some of the issues Paul at Tigerz11 was having, he showed me a winch that clearly had water ingestion yet the dealer/owner where claiming warranty! The other issue with the newer Chinese style is that they use a diffent braking system which can be good ( really just a bit better) for rope. I know some Tigerz11 were a little tight on the planetary to housing drum and this would cause free spooling out to be difficult. It used to take a little effort to get Tigerz to address these. But again overall I think great value.

SD dealers make plenty on winches, they may get $250 for an install but they would make simalar markup on the winch as well (min). So it's pretty simple talk somebody out of tigerz and into a mako or VRS or bushranger, make your $200-400 dollars plus an install! With Tigerz there is no dealer discounts, what you pay is what everybody pays.

Oh And on Warn the markup exceeds installation costs by multiplies. That's why some try so hard to sell warn, is it better? I think the xp's etc are but the magnums are average, I would buy a VRS, Runya, Mako over a magnum.

Just remember they need Maintance.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Jim, You reckon you could start another thread on winch maintenance? Perhaps tips on preventative as well? I think all with a winch would appreciate it.