Exterior Stay on storm covers- How to fold away?

Blybo

Nov 7, 2019
Melbourne
Hi Guy's. We took our new (to us) 2016 Expanda 16.49.4 pop top to Warburton Holiday park on Saturday night for a shake down run. It came with storm covers that were neaty packed away in the rear boot. Substantial rain was forcast so I put the storm cover on before going to bed. When packing up on Sunday I folded them up as best I could snap locking 1 side to the other but they still fell down making it hard to not foul the hard cover latches. There are press studs that look like they could help but now where I could see to attach them too. Perhaps the previous owners bought them after delivery so the male press studs have never been installed???

Is there a trick to folding them up so they dont fall as the hard cover is lowered?

Found 1 of our AL-KO steadies has sheared off at the hinge so need to replace that, but otherwise a great time was had and so much easier than the Swan to pack up.

Reactions: Crusty181

CarlDry

Jan 5, 2019
Bundaberg
No trick...they are too heavy..You need to install some straps to hold them up. Some people do them horizontal, I did mine vertical.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: skippy and Blybo

Blybo

Nov 7, 2019
Melbourne
A picture tells a thousand words. Thanks @CarlDry, vertical makes sense to me. I'm pretty nervous at drilling into the fiberglass, what screw weight and length did you use?... if you can remember. I assume you can buy that type of strapping from RV stores or even Bunnings?

Blybo

Nov 7, 2019
Melbourne
Thanks @Macca_75 mine don’t have that clip. Mine has nylon straps that clip together under each corner. As we are now leaving our mattress toppers and sheets on the bed whilst packed up, which makes it tighter under the lid, I’m just going to pack the storm covers away after use

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
No worries @Blybo but adding the clip is easy - you can figure out by the pictures where to put it and they may already come in the bags from the storm covers - mine did.