Starcraft Starcraft Outback

Graeme

Jul 25, 2013
Buninyong
Hi all,
Am new to this site, looks very helpful.
My partner and I are considering a new Jayco Starcraft 13.42-2SC outback.
We have added the following,
Hotwater and outdoor shower,
Fold down picnic table, antenna,
Extra 9kg gas bottle and 82lt water tank.
120 watt solar system and coast control panel.

We have also decided to do away with the A/C and put in a Trumatic gas heater.
Put the microwave up where the A/C would have been and turn the cupboard under the
cook top into storage for a porta potti.

Would be grateful for any thoughts or advice.

cheers Graeme and Sue.
Victoria.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome @Graeme the new van sounds good, other extras may depend on how you want to use the van. Do you plan to bush (free) camp or use caravan parks. Extra lights, power points, 12V outlets are some other things you may consider, maybe an extended draw bar, bike racks, the list goes on. :p

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome @Graeme. Sounds like you know what you want and need and have most bases covered. I'd go the extended draw bar as @chartrock suggested, and probably add an external 12v power outlet near your fold down table, and possibly a gas bayonet fitting for a bbq.

Graeme

Jul 25, 2013
Buninyong
Thanks for your support. Can you explain please why you think the extended draw bar would be good?
The external 12v and gas bayonet is standard on the outback i will just decide where i want them i guess.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome Graeme the drawbar ext is handy if you ever want to mod the front of your van be it a toolbox or bike rack etc. It helps with towing and reversing too.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey @Graeme, welcome mate.....sounds like a great setup on its way :) I didn't get the extended drawbar but can now see where it would be handy!

Graeme

Jul 25, 2013
Buninyong
I see you`re in Buninyong @Graeme i will be out there in the morning golfing, i`m a member out there.
Wow coincidences already,:) No don't play golf (yet) Nice course i'm told. We live on the otherside of the Mount, little bit out of bunny. Have a nice game tomorrow.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Hi we ordered 15 footer, got the extended drawbar as it gives us room for a stone guard. We also ditched the air con and the micro wave, getting the bigger fridge and a pot draw where microwave goes. We are also getting draws instead of cupboards where possible.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Well done Graeme sounds good , just keep brousing this site and youll have a van full of usable accessories and valuable advice

Graeme

Jul 25, 2013
Buninyong
Hi all,
Finally we have our new Jayco, and its great.:D
Looking forward to our first trip.
image.jpg