17' Series Starcraft 22.68.1OB Tare Weight After Extras????

Homebrewpig

Feb 27, 2013
Hi we are thinking of going for a StarCraft and would be interested to know what the tare weights come in at after your add on/extras where added to the van.

Cheers

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
I don't know for sure.
It seems a bit variable. The final answer will be on the compliance plate, but it appears before purchase it is a bit of a lottery.

An email from dealer gives the tare wt of my ordered 18.55.3 Starcraft Outback (dual axel) as 2043 Kg plus 30 kg for second battery and unknown weight for washing machine (I have yet to ask weight of washing machine).

So 2074kg + tare w for 18.55.3 Outback with a couple of options.

A note of caution was a casual comment from a Jayco dealer employee was "they lately come in a bit heavier than the brochure tare wt".

What this actually means is the final tare wt will be probably 2100kg +.
It also contains 2 water tanks so it will be a challenge to keep it under 2500kg fully loaded still the ball wt should be well under 250kg (I will be buying a scale for measuring the ball wt).

In my version Outback ball wt 175kg and standard van 213Kg from dealer info. Ball wt seems to vary quite a bit across the various Starcraft models, I guess different layouts and hence different weight distribution

Hope this helps, the non outback Starcraft is lighter, as is the single axel version which has a similar layout (double bed, full ensuite).
Check out Jayco Starcraft brochure for other models.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Homebrewpig

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
My Tare in the 20.62-3 is 2200kg
ATM 2675kg.
Get as much as you can factory fitted.
Ball weights seem a lottery and there's a few threads that explain the issue you may with regard to the stamping of a max ball weight (which I think is mostly meaningless) as once tanks are full my bet is most of the big Starcraft vans exceed it.

Last edited: