StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

halbster

May 13, 2014
Yeh I noticed that one too Dave maybe because he's got 16in wheels option??

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeh I noticed that one too Dave maybe because he's got 16in wheels option??

Yeah the 16"s are a deeper dish, maybe they don't fit the wall plate? I notice the rim on the bumper bracket is fouling slightly.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hatch they installed under the rear bunks, very handy.

IMG_7593.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
thanks Jimmy that hatch is where our shower is.. I wanted one down towards the rear. they said no

id be guessing but I think you probably need to keep it within the confines of under the window, going to look at replacing it with the 900.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Hey Jim congrats on the new addition. Would you mind taking a photo of how your rear bar attaches to the chassis, is it the traditional Jayco way where they crush the outer box section. Interested to see that the rear bar is the same as our Expanda and you have a factory mounted spare with butt welded arms as opposed to the rear bar on the Swan etc which looks more durable. Thanks.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Jim congrats on the new addition. Would you mind taking a photo of how your rear bar attaches to the chassis, is it the traditional Jayco way where they crush the outer box section. Interested to see that the rear bar is the same as our Expanda and you have a factory mounted spare with butt welded arms as opposed to the rear bar on the Swan etc which looks more durable. Thanks.

No worries I will get a shot for you. But yes it's just into a RHS sleeve and crushed! I would like to protrude it more and also make it a bit longer. Might make a new bar up later

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Looks great. The extra hatch is a great idea. Did the same thing under my bunks.
And the shed....Well the shed is just awesome! Great work. Keep the photos coming as you improve things.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
It's alright Jim. No need for the photo now that you confirmed how it was installed. Thanks anyway.

Disco2300

Mar 24, 2014
Thanks for a great report Jim,
It seems from reading, you have got everything pretty sorted and are happy.
This is the van we will upgrade to as it suits our family need.
Am I correct that I read you swapped the sink and cooktop around? Are you able to post some pictures.
My wife does not like the cooktop near the bed.
Thanks
Gregory

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for a great report Jim,
It seems from reading, you have got everything pretty sorted and are happy.
This is the van we will upgrade to as it suits our family need.
Am I correct that I read you swapped the sink and cooktop around? Are you able to post some pictures.
My wife does not like the cooktop near the bed.
Thanks
Gregory

Hi Gregory

There are some photos of in the Starcraft threads. I can't take any now cause its in bits again. And the wife will kill me if I photograph it all messy.

No a jayco decided to swap them around. That is how it is now. Much better I think, and they have moved the PowerPoint close r to the bench top as well. Very happy with the layout.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Spent this weekend and last on mods. This weekends mods will get photographed tomorrow and posted up.

When I inspected Mk1 I noticed the awning arm foulded the toliet casstette door. After discussion with a fellow forum member and Moto moto. I asked jayco to move the awning, they did but it still fouled by 10-15mm. After the first trip I found it inconvenient to have to unclip the awning arm each time I wanted to empty the cassette. So last weekend I removed the bottom mount and moved it over. re applied a heap of sikaflex and it now clears by about a mm.

IMG_7589.JPG

IMG_7631.JPG

IMG_7644.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ever wonder why the drain is so slow? Besides that they drape the hose so it has low points Jayco use a reducer at the outlet that takes the 25mm tube down to below 15mm!!!

image.jpg

halbster

May 13, 2014
Thats odd, wonder why they would do that. Where is that piece exactly Jimmy cause my drain was sooo slow thought I was going to flood the shower at one stage.