17' Series Spin off of the BBQ thread

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Do you have your BBQ on legs or on a table what do you prefer or an external table fitted on your van. Trying to work out whether it's worth getting the external table for BBQ or another use? Family of 5 here so will need a decent size BBQ I guess, jayco must love this site we've changed our mind so much since I've been on this forum lol

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi @Crazyfun we bought a Weber trolley (bit like a Toyota, way over priced) but its the best thing, we used to use the table but it was always in the road, this way we wheel it out if its fine or if the wind blows the wrong way.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Same here we have the weber and trolley, pretty handy and not too bulky. 4.5kg bottle on ours.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Bayonet, we are a bit lucky as there is only 2 of us, we have the bench along the side with one bunk above, I removed everything off the bunk and our table, chairs and BBQ trolley fit up there. The BBQ sits in the back of the car in its travel bag.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
G'day @Crazyfun, WEBER trolley for us. As @DRW said you can move it around out of the wind etc, and also when we don't take the van it gets ungracefully "chucked" into the back of the ute with the BBQ.
BTW - welcome

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
This was my solution, but we don't have a front bed so it does not suit everyone.

weber stand 1.jpg weber stand 3.jpg

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
Hello @Crazyfun. We use a fold up table as we mostly go with the five of us and I find I need a bit of table space for preparation. The table in the pic is being replaced with a smaller one that will be stored in a frame underneath one of the beds. This has been done a few time by others on this forum.
IMG_0440.JPG

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Fold up plastic table from BCF for us with weber on top and gas bottle from van underneath. Gives us some extra prep room.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We use 2 x 4' plastic tables from BCF stored under the bed ends... One for the weber, cooking accessories and essentials and the other for eating off. Used to use a gas bottle but now have two bayonets on new van.

The weber one gets setup under the awning when no annex fitted otherwise under a gazebo.
weber setup.jpg

Photo of the weber table attached including leveling ramps :D

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
I used to carry my baby q in the vans front boot, but found I was always taking it out to use at home ( the old 5 burners gathering dust and rust), so decided to make a trolley , when we go away we just throw both in the back of 4wd, and it leaves the van boot empty for other stuff.image.jpg

Reactions: skippy and dagree

Darrin

Sep 5, 2013
Birkdale Qld
1200 mm plastic fold up , Ziggy sits ontop and feeds to the gas fitting on the draw bar. We use a small canister gas mate for direct flame and boiling water etc...wander gazebo over the top , led light at night . cany go wrong ,

cheers

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
We use 2 x 4' plastic tables from BCF stored under the bed ends... One for the weber, cooking accessories and essentials and the other for eating off. Used to use a gas bottle but now have two bayonets on new van.

The weber one gets setup under the awning when no annex fitted otherwise under a gazebo.
View attachment 24120

Photo of the weber table attached including leveling ramps :D
What do you mean by stored under the bed end please?

Reactions: dagree