NSW South West Rocks - HorseShoe Bay Holiday Park

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Folks,
We have recently stayed at Horshoe Bay Holiday Park, which came recommended by other forum members, and it didn't disappoint. The park has a terrific position with barely a bad site. though it must be said there are some spectacular sites, and we were lucky enough to get one of those spectacular ones, site 46.
swrCP.JPG

We backed right on to the water/beach and was a dream come true. The boys just loved the water and spent more time in than out.
We were close to the northern amenity block which was like brand new. Not sure about the southern block, we didn't go into that one.
The park was very quiet though our next door neighbours (site 45) were kept awake by the door opening and closing on the amenities but we didn't hear it.
This is the best spot we have had in a park so far. It doesn't have any of the family activity facilities of the bigger parks but that wasn't why we came here. We came for the location and it would be a complete waste to use this land for tennis courts and the likes.
The town itself has all the facilities needed, and some great tourist areas like the Trial Bay Gaol.
We just loved it here and rate it a 10/10. We have already booked for next years school holidays. Luckily for us Qld school holidays don't line up with NSW, so not only can we get the pick of sites but we pay shoulder season rates as well. Win Win :)

http://mvcholidayparks.com.au/horseshoe-bay-holiday-park/

DSC00113Pos.jpg

DSC00107.jpgDSC00099.JPGDSC00102.JPG DSC00105.JPG DSC00108.JPG DSC00109.JPG DSC00110.JPG DSC00111.JPG DSC00112.JPG DSC00114.JPG DSC00115.JPG DSC00116.JPG DSC00117.JPG DSC00118.JPG DSC00119.JPG DSC00120.JPG DSC00121.JPG DSC00123.JPG DSC00124.JPG DSC00127.JPGDSC00128.jpg

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Thanks for the review and pics Holden Man. Makes me want to go there even more now!
Sounds like you and the family had a great time! Jealous that you get shoulder rates!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
That's not a problem Lara. I've lived up here for nearly 24 years and still support the Blues. :bounce:

Oh I like you ChartRock!
You can take the man out of NSW, but you can't take NSW out of the man!!!
This is our year, we'll show em!

Kimberley D

Sep 13, 2012
Darwin
That looks awesome, beautiful shots! I've added it to my list of places to visit for when we reach the East Coast. Now, how do you keep your clear sullage pipes so clean?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Trying to console myself with the idea that some of that sand could blow onto my BBQ dinner. Or a pine cone could fall and dent my Expanda. Not working too well. Looks like a perfect spot.

Reactions: Lara

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Trying to console myself with the idea that some of that sand could blow onto my BBQ dinner. Or a pine cone could fall and dent my Expanda. Not working too well. Looks like a perfect spot.

If it makes you feel any better just think of the all that sale sea air it would have to be doing damage to cause rust to everything.

I mean seriously who camps on a beach!!! :becky:

Reactions: Xpandafan

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
That looks awesome, beautiful shots! I've added it to my list of places to visit for when we reach the East Coast. Now, how do you keep your clear sullage pipes so clean?

Hi guys, Yep I reckon it's one of those must do's, we'll be back next April and can't wait. as for the sullage pipes I get the boys to scrub them with tooth brushes :) nah just kidding only three trips, they're pretty new, but you never know, might just put the boys to work if they start to turn.....perfect behavior modification tool I reckon :) Jas

Reactions: Lara

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Stayed at Horshoe Bay Holiday Park with our first camper (Eagle) great spot but wholly hell if the wind comes in especially from the south, you'll want to be bolted down

I hope they've update the amenities since we were there. from memory that was back in 07