Site issues

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I noticed that the emails are now sent on behalf of support@expandasdownunder.com not just from that address, maybe spam filters playing a role?

Before:
View attachment 30245
After:
View attachment 30244

I'm still getting mine, but maybe that could be the reason some are and some aren't getting their emails?

Shouldn't affect spam.

I have checked headers and in fact they have improved and we are getting less bounces than in the past since the email changes yesterday.

If you are ok and consider it a problem happy to review headers as required.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
While I have some Topics that are set to send me updates by email, most aren't set that way. In particular the many follow on messages about Bigman's skiting about his win with the jetski had a large amount of replies that didn't get to me until I next logged on and looked at the Topic and neither did they show as Alert's on the Forum itself. This may have been fixed somehow as there does seem to be some showing up now but for a day or so they were not there.

Hey @PhilD we are pretty close to launching the site skin which will dramatically change the look + feel of the site we are like days away if that.

This will bring to a close the latest round of site updates and a formal announcements will be made at that point.

Just wanted to touch base and see if the emails are coming through as we made some changes to the back end server for that and looking at logs it seems to be much better in terms of delivery rate?

In terms of alerts on the site, you get one alert from a thread you have interacted with until you re open that thread.

So if you get an alert, dismiss it and don't open the thread you will not get an alert for that thread until you re open it again.

This has been the same all along so just want to make sure we address both email and alert as being an issue.

Cheers...

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
So far I haven't noticed any further issues and am getting a few emails, plus on the site the "Alerts" tab is showing the number that are to be looked at. I actually must revisit some Topics and remove the option of emails as I'm trying to cull the number of daily emails coming from so many sources prior to trying to get on tour in a couple of months.

Looking forwards to seeing the changes, good luck.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
So far I haven't noticed any further issues and am getting a few emails, plus on the site the "Alerts" tab is showing the number that are to be looked at. I actually must revisit some Topics and remove the option of emails as I'm trying to cull the number of daily emails coming from so many sources prior to trying to get on tour in a couple of months.

Looking forwards to seeing the changes, good luck.

An alternate way to do it is -

1) Disable email alerts in your user profile

2) When you want to see an email for a particular thread click the "Watch Thread" option at the top and select "Email Alert".

Might save you some time :)!

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Depends on whether I'm using my desktop (easy) or the Samsung Pad (not so easy). While flat on my back lately and using the Pad the options to get, or not to get, the emails is a bit too small for fingers and to easily see which is activated. The pad is also a horrible way to do replies where the sender is quoted and I've had numerous times where it's gone horribly wrong and reverted to the PC. Maybe I need to get with the new fangled age and try this thing called Tapatalk that so many Forums seem to want to offer to install but so far I just haven't bothered to find out about it.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Hey @PhilD

In terms of alerts on the site, you get one alert from a thread you have interacted with until you re open that thread.

So if you get an alert, dismiss it and don't open the thread you will not get an alert for that thread until you re open it again.

Cheers...
Just had a thought, as to getting further emails or not, is there any difference between clicking on the link in the email or ignoring the email and just logging in to the site and going to the Topic?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Just had a thought, as to getting further emails or not, is there any difference between clicking on the link in the email or ignoring the email and just logging in to the site and going to the Topic?

Yep that's spot on, if you read the email and don't open the thread then the alerts will stop.

You need to open the thread to continue receiving updates.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Sneak peak -

upload_2015-2-26_8-55-45.png

Reactions: skippy and Bmhdg76

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
change is always good!
Could well be, but in 38 years of employment we changed names, uniforms, management, State of being tied up with and change just for the sake of it. Joked some mornings as to who we were today.

Men marry women hoping they never change. Women marry men with the intention of changing them.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Could well be, but in 38 years of employment we changed names, uniforms, management, State of being tied up with and change just for the sake of it. Joked some mornings as to who we were today.

Men marry women hoping they never change. Women marry men with the intention of changing them.
lol
What pain killers are you using at the moment?

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
lol
What pain killers are you using at the moment?
None other than Voltaren, but maybe I should be on some. Often get an online survey that lists certain medical conditions and asks which I suffer from. Unfortunately they only list one suitable option of "None of the above" when I'd really like to answer "I don't suffer from any of them, I enjoy them".
Now, enough of me convincing everyone here that I'm just a grumpy old bugger when it's really just my warped sense of humour.

BTW, Notifications by email seems to be working just fine.