Simplicity Suspension

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hi all

Does anyone here have Simplicity Suspension and if so the Pro's and con's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Skip

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Hi all

Does anyone here have Simplicity Suspension and if so the Pro's and con's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Skip

Hey Skip,
I have simplicity on my 17.56-2OB, I love it...

Pros:
Rides great on the open road and excellent off road.
Makes the van sit a little higher than normal suspension.

Cons:
when leveling van with ramps you need to place a ramp under each wheel. (only Con I have found so far)

I am sure other people will tell me of more cons and possibly more pros, but these are the ones I have found so far. Probably not benificial in a single axle van as much.

Cheers,

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Having had both types on single axle, I'd say dont waste your money. to me the only real bonus of Simplicity is the "TUNNEL" clearance it gives underneath over the beam axle

Reactions: skippy

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Mate I love the Simplicity Suspension. I have a custom made 3 meter dual axel tray top trailer I cart 4 wheelers out to the Gulf Country. Rated , I got the 2500 kilo setup under it & mate that thing goes anywhere my truck goes & then some. I am so happy with it I have ordered it on my 18-57.8 to arrive in November. Cant wait. Best thing you could do is go for it & get it. Go onto the website. Its manufactured in Melbourne & is a very simple but fully functional system. You have tow in & tow out on each wheel, for the purpose if your setup is chewing out wheels, as tandem setup do. ( Nature of the beast) Simplicity by name , Simplicity by nature.
Have you heard of the Engineers quote of the " KISS METHOD" ? It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid. Great system to work by when designing anything. As is this system.
Good luck with your decision.

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Can someone let me know what the difference is? Maybe a link to a good site ....

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hi all

Thanks for all of the replies on the Simplicity Suspension.

I am even more confused now but it's good to hear everyones opinion and it will give me a lot to think about now.

Just out of curiosity does anybody know how much the Simplicity Suspension weigh compared to the normal axels?

Thanks

Skip

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
If i had my time again i would have gone simplicity for sure, mainly for the extra ride height. I find my outback is a little lower than i thought i was getting. That is the only reason:biggrin1:

Reactions: skippy

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I got told similar prices when I was looking at the S/Suspension setups, Tandem axles cheaper than the single, and that the OB is cheaper than the standard.
Mick