18' Series Simplicity Suspension New Van

dkjbnj

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Forum
Just about to order a 18.57-6 outback and have had a good look at the advice on the Forum. but was unable to find any information on the Simplicity Suspension can you please help is it worth the extra cost, we do plan on going off the black top and are planning a trip to Kimberley but will leave the Van a tent in the remote places. will the Van tow any different ?
New to the Forum at the advise is great hope you can help Thanks

Regards

David

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
We had a 16 footer expanda with simplicity and loved it as the van tracked very well behind the tug. The simplicity also has larger and better brakes than the standard alko.
We have just brought a 17 footer and didn't get the simplicity based on the tare weight behind the prado... But I miss the flexibility of the independent if you want to go down some rough tracks. Simplicity will be our first option on our next van for sure. Good luck.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi David,
We are waiting on the same van. We didn't get simplicity mainly because of weight, same as chooka, pushing the limits of the prado. Also couldn't justify the extra cash to be honest. It's a fairly large van and we didnt think we would be snigging it into anywhere the normal suspension can't handle. Dealer also suggested it was a bit hard to justify, but he said some people swear by it and would never change. Like chooka, The dealer also mentioned better tracking, but a lot of coin for better tracking.
No practical knowledge though. I think it better value to put a few extra dollars into some of the options that make the van experience better. That's what we did. Hope that helps.

Jas

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi David, welcome mate, about to take delivery of the same van on Monday. Don't know about simplicity suspension so no help there, but I could tell where not to order one from.....van that is!

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi David. Our new 18 has it and yes you definitely notice the difference. It just steps through everything so much better.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
I think it all depends on how far off road you intend taking your van, if you only plan on traveling dirt roads like the Kimberly the standard Outback suspension will handle that. If you want to go further off road then better suspension would be a must but then Jayco don't even recommend you take them any further off road. We are planning a trip along the Savannah Way next year and right through the Kimberly where we will have the van in tow, as you've suggested for the harder bits like Cape York we plan to park the van and use a tent, mainly so we can travel all the hard to get to spots without the van limiting where we go.

Having said all that If we had our time again and could afford the extra weight I'd probably try out the Simplicity, I believe it gives the van some overall heigher ground clearance as well.
Good luck with the purchase, for us Bayswater were great to deal with.

jay70

Oct 16, 2011
As others have said. The simplicty suspenssion is well worth the investment. It tracks so well, adds to the overall safety and stability. I would not have the normal suspension after having this.

You should note it adds about 100mm travel height. This could be even better for you depending on your needs. We spaced the step down 50mm to compensate a little.
Hope this helps.

Jason

Feb 1, 2012
As others have said. The simplicty suspenssion is well worth the investment. It tracks so well, adds to the overall safety and stability. I would not have the normal suspension after having this.

You should note it adds about 100mm travel height. This could be even better for you depending on your needs. We spaced the step down 50mm to compensate a little.
Hope this helps.

Jason

Agree with this and for us the extra 100mm is handy.

dkjbnj

Sep 15, 2012
Hi All and thanks for the input is the 100mm travel height over the Std van or over the OutBack

Regards
David