Shurflo Water Pump

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
We went away last weekend to Mungo Brush NP - free camping. We had never used van off mains pressure before. The water pump was pathetic - noisy and low pressure - barely enough flow to have a shower. These pumps are supposed to deliver up to 10 litres of water a minute - I have yet to measure the actual flow.
Has any one else had such issues? The pump we had in our off road camper (not Jayco) was much better - plenty of pressure with the external shower.

Apart from that minor issue we had a top weekend - my Weber Baby Q transport box (home made) worked well - the oven in the van worked a treat - pizzas one night, roast potatoes and pumpkin the next, while the Weber cooked a leg of lamb and chorizo sausages - shared with good friends who joined us Saturday night.

Bill

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
My pump works fine, as did the one in my old Swan camper, oh yeah they are a tad noisey, they tend to vibrate echo back through floor, the one in my camper I actually placed small peace of rubber underneath it, havn't bothered with the Panda.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hey guys we run 3 shureflo pumps on board ...one for showers one for dedicated drinking water and one in the front box that we hook up to fill the tanks from creeks / rivers through a b.e.s.t filter system and no troubles there ..

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Our pump works great!! will drain the tanks in no time.... Has any thought of using an accumulator??

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=10819

80003000b.tiff

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
If it has clear tube on the inlet check to see if there are bubbles coming into the pump when it is running. if there are you may have a loose/cracked fitting somewhere in the supply line... might just need a clamp fitted.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
If it has clear tube on the inlet check to see if there are bubbles coming into the pump when it is running. if there are you may have a loose/cracked fitting somewhere in the supply line... might just need a clamp fitted.

Thanks everyone who has replied.

I looked underneath on the weekend and found one clamp missing (used tie wire to fix) plus most of the other clamps needed tightening - there is a connection underneath where there appeared to be bubbles appearing - tightening the clamps there made no difference - may be a faulty elbow.
This is the first disappointment we have had with our van - though the controller/battery monitor? for solar does not appear to be doing what it should - it shows volts in the batteries and also if there is any charge going in from solar panels, but when the third position is used it does not show power leaving the batteries e.g. when lights are on. Connecting a compressor directly to the batteries it does show that current is being used.

Tempted to change to different brand of pump like was in camper (flojet I think). But I will double check all connections first. Not impressed by the clamps Jayco use - black plastic clips that tighten with pliers, not metal clips.

Bill

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi mate, if you are stil having the problem then the solution may be what I found.

Before using the pump, prime the hand pump at the sink by pumping it up and down until water is coming out, this fixed the problem for me... Of course the bEtter long term solution I found to to simply remove the hand pump from the equation all together

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Thanks zerosecta for your input - I have just been under the van - tightened 3 clamps that were loose and replaced an elbow where I saw air bubbles before - it is now much better - shower should be OK - I still don't think it works as well as it should.......however will do for the moment - having some time away soon to test it out.

Bill

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks zerosecta for your input - I have just been under the van - tightened 3 clamps that were loose and replaced an elbow where I saw air bubbles before - it is now much better - shower should be OK - I still don't think it works as well as it should.......however will do for the moment - having some time away soon to test it out.

Bill

Just got van back from service had pump replaced due internal failure