Separate Drinking Water Tank

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
G'day,

Have searched previous water tank posts but couldn't quite find an answer.

Am looking at getting 3 water tanks when I order an Expanda and was just wondering how people who have 3 in their vans plumb it so that there is a separate water tank for drinking.
Would be easy enough just to have the hand pump plumbed to the third tank but then that would get used for washing up as well as drinking. Am hoping to have one solely for drinking.

Thoughts and pictures would be much appreciated. Plus any other info I should know regarding setting up/plumbing of 3 tanks in the van.

Cheers,
Paul.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi Paul we have a designated 3rd tank as drinking water fitted to the rear side of the axle , it was fitted at the factory and uses its own pressure pump .
Ill try and dig some fotos out or ill go take some if you want ..
cheers Russell

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi Paul,

I also put a third water tank in for drinking only and added an extra pressure pump and tap so can also use the filtered tap from the mains.

Christian

image0001.jpg
image0002.jpg
image0006.jpg
image0007.jpg

Reactions: relgate

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Awesome, thanks Christian. That's what I'm trying to achieve. Do you have a picture of your taps at the kitchen sink?

Thanks Russell, I did just find some more info in the archives. Very helpful.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
FYI Jayco won't do third tanks anymore, or wouldn't when I bought ours. They had just stopped, one dealer told us so and the dealer we went with tried but we couldn't get it.

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Oh. That's not ideal. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I order. The dealer told me I could but it might be a different story when he puts the order through to Jayco.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I remember because you modded it and glassed it up to fit. There's an option. I also found a fiamma tank that would fit between the rails but it was only 60l iirc.

In the end for me laziness took over and I just carry two slabs of water in bottles for drinking and cooking. And don't bother with filters or anything. If I was to add another it would just be to extend the general water as when away it's showers for 5 that use all our water.

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. Am waiting to see what the dealer tells me regarding whether the factory will fit the third tank or not.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. Am waiting to see what the dealer tells me regarding whether the factory will fit the third tank or not.
Just keep in mind the extra 80kg added to your load if you travel with another full tank. Might come off your beer allowance! :(

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
yep that's the point really that nobody seems to care about hence I didn't bother. 3 x 80kg tanks is 240kg of your payload, add your two 9kg bottles and that's over 250kg off. wander around the dealer ship and have a look at Compliance plates. I went anal to get the full 375kg allowed plated on our unit, it came in with a plate showing about 230-250kgs and they had to redo it but I know others on here have similar low allowance.