16' Series School me on Gas Bottle Switching

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Big Green Shed, Barbies Galore, Masters $19.95 to $24.............Woollies Caltex have seen for $24..........when I swap I check out the bottle and pick the one I want, checking the date stamp for when it was last checked.......no daggy ones in my camp, though the ones that came with Big Mal while re checked just last year are daggy so will gladly dump them when empty.

Was taught to turn tap all the way then back down to off and then just a turn for the welding gear, that way the tap didn't end up with a tight spot.................bloke who taught me I think used to weld with a foot bellows, man he was old, top flame man though.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I must have followed you into the Swap n Go as I have yet to get one from them whose vintage is less than my swap one.

I gave up.

When I refill at home I go to BCF and it around the $22 mark.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I must have followed you into the Swap n Go as I have yet to get one from them whose vintage is less than my swap one.

I gave up.

When I refill at home I go to BCF and its around the $22 mark.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Our BCF is a Swap an Go but yes have seen some old looking gear even under the new paintwork.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And for us.

Gas is always turned off if not being used for hot water, cooking but obviously on for fridge.

When non 240v we still use gas for BBQ so keep the stop valve closed when BBQ turned off.

And we have the gas leak monitor

And washing up water boiled in kettle outside on small gas stove. Easy, cheap and leaves more bench space inside for accumulated junk.