Sad goodbye to a true friend

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I had a CR 250 and a ER185 and IT490 dose that count i fliped the Cr in 6th gear went for a long slide and roll lucky i didnt realy hurt myself i came close many times

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
My god, you had a Harley and sold it? What is this, the Bad Decision Club .... your dead to me too.

I had a Brock Commodore and sold in the late 90’s. I was the No1 ticket holder to the Bad Decision Club.
It’s sort of OK now as I bought another one 12 years ago.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drover,only one one way to go in the oneupmanship stakes ,2019 GrandCherokee Hemi 800hp TrailHawk ,0-100 3.2 secs,standing 1/4 11.6 secs, fastest suv fully functional 4x4 in the world ,can up date to 1000hp.,,!,One came into Yamba a couple of weeks ago ,the exhaust noise was unreal ,even the boss said she could have one in the garage.Who said Jeeps are boring? Mind you my 2010 GC 3 litre diesel with the DP chip runs the 1/4 in t.he same time as my 71 Phase 3 ,now should I list the other 60 vehicle I had.o for a big shed!,

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've been told I'm not to do any speed runs in HER Jeep, so I have to bide my time, though the other day I got a break to pass a dodderer and went from 85 to 140 in the length of a Corolla without trying................MMmmmmmm Hemi would be noice..

Reactions: DRW

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
my Brother has a friend with a track hawk and tows a van with it, apparently he does get a lot of comments from the oldies at parks, from memory they don’t have a very high towing capacity?

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Only 2950 towing capacity.However the sonic boom it makes would make up for loss .Tow my Discovery Outback really well.I am currently sitting in a caravan park in Bowen watching the Victorians pack up for the migration home.Only met one in the park worried about towing capacity etc.It looks like Qld transport going to really crackdown on overweight rigs, according to tv report the other night.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Oh well about time, I think a lot of Prado drivers will be worried, not hanging it on the vehicle but 2500kg towing capacity with a 20' foot van and a boat on the roof is close to the wind
Have you been down the wharf for fish and chips yet?

DRW

May 29, 2013
and just because we have completely hijacked @Crusty181 's original thread my old bikes
CIMG0441.JPG
IMG_0182.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and just because we have completely hijacked @Crusty181 's original thread my old bikes

You didn't have to sell them you could have bought a wig .;......:D:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:behindsofa:

my Brother has a friend with a track hawk and tows a van with it, apparently he does get a lot of comments from the oldies at parks, from memory they don’t have a very high towing capacity?

If I could afford one including the insurance bugga the van stay in Motels or pubs .................:cool::cool-19:

Reactions: DRW

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
It would have been cheaper the second time around because its older ...... bwaaaa haaaaaaaaa

I like your logic but is was twice as expensive second time round. I would hate to do it in today’s market.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The really funny thing is if I close my eyes I can actually see you doing that monumental 6th gear flip in slow motion .... and its awesome
Its funny that cause when it happened it was like slow mo untill i hit the ground then things sped up quite a bit but i survived and the bike too bent handel bars both levers coped it few scratches but was quite surprized how well it did after the beating it coped
Lets not talk about flying along the beach point cook top speed hit a real mud patch very soft....... bike sunk to petrol tank hense to say another time i hit the deck but this time in front of the bike it stoped i kept going
Took hrs to get it out such fun NOT !!!!!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I recall once looking at a lovely pair of leather boots, the ones that went nearly to the knee, high up in the air, then I realized they were mine but they were higher than my head which was at ground level and I was looking at my legs coming down to ground to join the rest of me, bike was down in the creek, thankfully the lantarna stopped from having a dip, girls I was waving at thought it was cool, my Dad who rode bikes said you can have 3, then you quit this was No: 2 , this was way back when helmets weren't compulsory but my Mum was very firm, possibly because of an incident with a horse on an AJS........

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I've discovered that the Troopy brotherhood is a very strong community, we even have a special wave to acknowledge each of the legends that drive them (must be the Military name thing, never leave a man behind)

Oh look, the first Jeep arriving at the annual Jeep get-together
images (1).jpeg

Not a huge turnout...... unfortunately many couldn't make it
Cj4ygcnWkAAnTZv.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Fancy bring your own rescue vehicle to a Tojo convention and a Wrangler at that with a Grand Cherokee on display to show what a modern engine looks like very innovative organisers for sure................................................nice try ....