Sad goodbye to a true friend

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Followed a new Navara ute towing a 5th wheeler up the hill to Glen Innes a couple of weeks ago.35-40kph for over half an hour or more wouldnt pull over,obviously saw me in the mirrors , (I was towing the Journey Offroad)even the usually quiet boss was getting agitated.!! After a gut full of diesel fumes/smoke ,used 610nm of torque the GC (DP chip)has and bolted past.My mate has a four year old Pathfinder towing a Swan camper. Ok on the flat, diabolical up hills .
Yeah, $hit box Navara's ... who'd be stupid enough to have one (or two) of them :bolt:

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had similar @Billrw136 , son on back of Honda belting down the Tuggeronong Parkway,needle just on 170kph, son (13 now 43) informs his mum we did over 100mph down the Parkway, not a good reaction.......Landrover parked in driveway back then.

I have a few old Tojo Stubby Holders from my days with a proper Landcruiser, FJ55.

Reactions: Billrw136

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Had similar @Billrw136 , son on back of Honda belting down the Tuggeronong Parkway,needle just on 170kph, son (13 now 43) informs his mum we did over 100mph down the Parkway, not a good reaction.......Landrover parked in driveway back then.

I have a few old Tojo Stubby Holders from my days with a proper Landcruiser, FJ55.
FJ55 old school "Proper Landcruiser", what idiot would want the current 7 year guarantee against rust hey, that's just for Nancy boys. Your FJ55 wouldnt have had any rust issues ..... now would it :boink: .... hmmmmmm, would it???

If I remember correctly even the seat cloth, dashboard vinyl and windows used to rust in those proper Landcruisers. Fondly nicknamed the Toyota Anode

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine was still going strong in 1998, until #3 son laid it on its side on a track...buggerall rust but I did some nice might work on it....did get stripped and a bath in anti rust which did wonders...( after 6 mths we didn't need gas masks)

Reactions: Crusty181

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
FJ55 old school "Proper Landcruiser", what idiot would want the current 7 year guarantee against rust hey, that's just for Nancy boys. Your FJ55 wouldnt have had any rust issues ..... now would it :boink: .... hmmmmmm, would it???

If I remember correctly even the seat cloth, dashboard vinyl and windows used to rust in those proper Landcruisers. Fondly nicknamed the Toyota Anode
7 year guarantee against rust. Is that because the things are all plastic these days? Lol

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
7 year guarantee against rust. Is that because the things are all plastic these days? Lol
That's a Landcruiser we're talking about ... where's your brand loyalty

At least being a Toyota owner you will get the pleasure of my comments now.
No so much. Any ideas when I can expect that may start

Have had Toyota in my blood for a long time
I hope I dont delevope Toyota blood, your like a pit bull biting at everything that walks past. Can blood go off? is there a use by date, on your blood? I think you need a tranfusion and Im offering the last of my friendly laid back Nissan blood

Im now seeking solace in the local Nissan dealership where I feel safe ... and loved (shhh, I havent mentioned the Troopy to them yet, Im not sure how theyll take it)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its sad really that Nissan have lost the plot with their 4x4s, crap engines now.

Reactions: Bluey

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Change is as good as a holiday?? I do have the stubby holder !!! Can you believe that Toyota have zero Landcruiser merchandise to pilfer, not a hat or second stubby holder.
Sometimes :D

That's unbelievable that's unheard of Toyota not giving away any freebies who would have thought.
I hope you get the opportunity to get a photo next to it on pick up day with a big bow on the bonnet...….although they may charge you for that so you havejust been warned :angel:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Became a Toyota owner, elevated in status and earned respect of other forum members.
Also earned the right to ridicule from other Toyota owners as his is a plastic new model not a super Toyota that was built before the owners kids were born. (That may be more jealousy that I'm still driving an old one).
Hey brother, @mfexpanda's driving a Holden ... im new at this snobbery, should we be talking to him ?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So when oh King @Crusty181 do you pick your iron horse up ?
its aTojo factory order so its actually being built specifically for me, downside is at least 2 months likely 3. That's annoying and inconvenient as hell but it wont fit in the garage and being anal about my car I cant pssible leave it outside, so I have to rip the front off that and raise the lintel ..... downside of that is I bulldozing the garage anyway in 12 to 18mths, including the new front wall

Bit of a win yesterday, picked up a brand new GME XRS370c UHF for $250, it does all sorts of crap Ill never use. The original RRP $550 seems a lot to pay just for truckies and other road users to be able to abuse me