Sad goodbye to a true friend

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
A good old Troopy.. They are great payload over a tonne built to last
None too shabby. Add the booked pre-registration fed approved suspension revision and we jump upto 3900gvm / 7400 gcm, that equates to a 600kg gvm increase, 1600kg payload and without robbing it from the gcm. The same upgrade on the single cab ute ends up with 4200gvm / 7700gcm, payload of 2000kg.

Weight will no longer be an issue for us now. When I ordered the van I had it down spec'ed to match the 3000kg Narava tow capacity, so Im looking at getting the atm adjusted northward as well, maybe add another water tank

Last edited:
Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My mate bought a dual cab and before rego, extended the chassis to pull the axle back 500mm, widen the axle so track matched the front, ripped the seats out and fitted Caprice ones I think, alloy shed on back full of good stuff, replaced the suspension so can carry bears easily, plated no drama and just thru $140K across the table, but it is a cool truck, drives nice and rides smooth as silk compared to bouncing around in a stock Troopy...............and most important he uses it.....

Most important to throw the seats away though ............................. I'll send you a tide chart so we can line up a test run up Rainbow Beach, no rush as the beach is still somewhere off shore..............

So how come it took so long ????? Lumpy bits in the oil drain ????? Being overtaken by Suzuki's ????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So a bit of a look back in time ...........

and I quote " Can the 10% more power to weight powerful Navara owners be of any help ... or is that a bit too much power ;) "

certainly will be more to follow, in due course..... as I find some choice comments.....

You won't escape this easily Crustycon.................:behindsofa:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So how come it took so long ????? Lumpy bits in the oil drain ????? Being overtaken by Suzuki's ????
What took so long ??? Getting the car ???

So a bit of a look back in time ...........

and I quote " Can the 10% more power to weight powerful Navara owners be of any help ... or is that a bit too much power ;) "

certainly will be more to follow, in due course..... as I find some choice comments.....

You won't escape this easily Crustycon.................:behindsofa:

I told the Princess youll be the one who sets the forum search engine alight, locating every time I denounced Landcruisers

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
A Toyota??? After all the crap you've thrown about them??? I'm amazed they let you in the dealership.
Ha. Thought you may have forgotten all those good humoured fun times. Odd thing about Toyota dealers, they seem have a lot shorter memories than Expanda forum folk. Toyota fleet manager said that Navara owners money was every bit as good as almost anyone else's (although he said Jeep owners need a police check first)

To be fair the Navara (Which is dead to me now anyway; and long live the new King) was actually 10% more powerful than the LC, what I forget to mention was my love of all things Landcruiser, along with all the many other more important and better features. I feel like Im being taken way out of context here.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
What's a military gxl? Anything special or just an additional charge from Toyota, like A/C....:boink:
Military spec is a classified grade above the regular LC which are relegated to the ordinary folk. I cant really go into it to deeply for obvious reasons, but if a crisis occurs and I go off line for a few days, that may well be why.

(either that, or I dont really know)

Reactions: DRW and greynt

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You are such a disappointment Mr @Crusty181 i have no words
Surprisingly, thats not the first time Ive heard that. Pretty much anyone Ive ever met has said that at least once, at one time or another; most recently when I took the Princess for a test drive in an LC79, and then again when I purchased a LC78.

Reactions: DRW

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
A Toyota aye, you have just tripled your friends. But first you must pass the test and that is a picture of it in your driveway.

But seriously congratulations on the purchase. I would hate to be buying a new car at the moment as it is a lot of coin if you get your choice wrong.

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
. I would hate to be buying a new car at the moment as it is a lot of coin if you get your choice wrong.
Hmmm. Im not sure i thats very comforting. I bought the thing Sat morning after agonising over choices for months. My mate with 200 series chose Sat afternoon to let me know about Cruiser dusting issues. Thanks for that

Reactions: DRW and MDS69

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Wow when i first saw sad goodbye to a true friend on main page i thought someone had passed away i didnt want to look only to find out its about Ians car bugger me id have to say hes finely woken up to himself and soon will jumping for joy even with a bad knee ....
Well done the all new and improved Russel Coight mmm do you spell it like that

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Wow when i first saw sad goodbye to a true friend on main page i thought someone had passed away i didnt want to look only to find out its about Ians car bugger me id have to say hes finely woken up to himself and soon will jumping for joy even with a bad knee ....
Well done the all new and improved Russel Coight mmm do you spell it like that
I blame you for all this. I was very happy with my Navara until your relentless Cruiser infatuation wore me down .... now look whats happened. Like my mum used to say, "Its all fun and games, until someone buys a Cruiser"