Roof Vent

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I've been looking at installing a roof vent in the van similar to the older vans came with. I also want one for my ute's canopy. Has anyone seen these about for sale? Guess I could ask the Dealer but thought I'd ask here just in case someone has found something better. It is to pressurise the van for dust.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
when buying the 17 we asked for a roof vent and we got a resounding NO from both Page and Bayswater. They kept insisting the roof was unsuitable to put one in - couldn't understand WHY exactly, but they were adamant it couldn't be done when being built in the factory, and it we did it later ourselves, that would be out problem blah blah blah.....
:noidea:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
when buying the 17 we asked for a roof vent and we got a resounding NO from both Page and Bayswater. They kept insisting the roof was unsuitable to put one in - couldn't understand WHY exactly, but they were adamant it couldn't be done when being built in the factory, and it we did it later ourselves, that would be out problem blah blah blah.....
:noidea:

Got told this too by my dealer.
I had one in my old Galaxy full van but never took it offroad to verify its effectiveness.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Before I dish out the $75 for the vent does anyone know why it's not being installed? At $75 plus installation each Jayco would have saved a lot of money. I can't understand what structural difference it might make.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I was told that there was no proof that they actually did what they are claimed to be able to do.
Unless 2 identical vans are towed along the same dirt road, one with and one without the vent, then they can all state that.

I guess with a full solid wall and roof van and limited external venting then they may pressurise that van, but an Expanda with all the openings at the front, rear and roof it may not provide enough air to pressurise it.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
We have had one on our Eagle and it was standard on our 08 Expanda, I think they do work well but the door and all other vents and gaps need to be blocked of to produce the pressure effect. We get next to no dust in our van but on occasions when the traffic is heavy the opposite way we sometimes get a film on the table under the vent.

ARB do one for there canopies for $50, Dad has one and recons it's great.

Christian

image0019.jpg image0017.jpg image0019.jpg CanopyVent.jpg Lawn Hill - Kingfisher.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We were also told a big fat no when we order ours, with the same lame excuse of "No proof they work":crazy: thats why probably 9 out of 10 other van builders use/offer them.