Roof Top Aircon

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Silly question time..

For the roof top aircons do you have to have water connected ?

Ie. I have twin tanks but will not connect to caravan park water as its artisian ...does the aircon need water to cool ?

Then comes the other silly question...I will then switch the tap flow to the tanks, will I need to turn on my pump to get the water up to the sink ? Ie. No mains pressure to force

So many questions !

Cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Silly question time..

For the roof top aircons do you have to have water connected ?

Ie. I have twin tanks but will not connect to caravan park water as its artisian ...does the aircon need water to cool ?

Then comes the other silly question...I will then switch the tap flow to the tanks, will I need to turn on my pump to get the water up to the sink ? Ie. No mains pressure to force

So many questions !

Cheers
No mate. It's a fully fledged aircon not evaporative type. You'll need the pump switched on for your water when not connected to mains. Remember too, there's no such thing as asking a silly question here. It's not asking a question when you're uncertain about anything and then stuffing something up that's SILLY.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Xpandafan is quite correct, there are NO dumb questions!

We fill our water tanks from home and use them via the "hand pump" for drinking water. We hook up to park water for the sink and shower. Just remember to get the anode done annually to protect your HWS. I changed ours after 12 months and it was 3/4 used.