Road side of van sail track with awning & poles ?

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Hey all got the local dealer to fit up sailtrack at the top of the wall on road side to have my 24x12 tarp slide in with poles for a bit extra shade & possibly a spot for the toyota to park. Has anyone got something similar off the opposite side of there van ? I think its a great idea & would also stop the hot sun & weather on that side of the van.
Send some pics through if anyone has something along these lines.
I originally wanted a roll out awning on this side , but they recon that we couldnt as it would make the van oversize .

Cheers Doggy.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have seen something on an expanda when up at eildon once. It was packed away at the time in a cover that I can only describe looking like the awning packing you see on the jayco camper vans. I just assumed jayco had installed it. It did look impressive.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We had this on our old expanda

offside.jpg

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
just got back from warrnambool this afternoon and saw 2 vans with this senario as they have their cars parks cars underneath, will post up some information of our trip in the coming days, had a great time.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Bloody good idea although it's more sh1t to carry. I am not usually that anal about my car while away but it does get to you when a leafy seaside joint and after a week the cars coated in sea salt, bird sh1t, leaves and inside the car you could bake bread!

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Thats it expanda, just on a greater scale for a vehicle. Picking up the van today from jayco & will be setting it up. Will take a few pics when up for all to see.
Cheers,
Doggy.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I want something similar one day. But like others have said it's something else to carry. Something that rolls up like a bag awning would be good.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Moto, 12 X 24 tarp folds up beautifully in the front stoarage locker no problem at all.

My front boot is full already. Hence why i like something that rolls up into a bag that stays on the van. Doesn't have to be a full on bag awning like the campers. A shade type would be ideal, i'm sure there is one out there, haven't looked hard for one though.