Ride heights

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Found out today that with the simplicity suspension fitted I can't get the 50mm spacer block put under the coupling, as the suspension gives 50mm extra ride height, with the 200mm of extra height from the OB fit out and the bigger tyres the ride height must be pushing the limits with the 'ADR' rules of coupling height.

Has anyone else had issues with this?

I'm not worried, just curious.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Hey Mick, never thought of the ADR Rules but that set-up is the same as mine except I stayed with the 15" tyres. With the 2 inch lift on the Patrol the hitch was spot on with the van. I went with the WDH which has and adjustable block hitch if the vehicle or suspension changes.

Out of interest what are the hitch hight limits>?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Sounds about right from the enquiries i made when i ordered my van.

Thats the one thing i wish i ordered on mine, the simplicity suspension, just to get a bit more height. Instead i have the space block.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Found out today that with the simplicity suspension fitted I can't get the 50mm spacer block put under the coupling, as the suspension gives 50mm extra ride height, with the 200mm of extra height from the OB fit out and the bigger tyres the ride height must be pushing the limits with the 'ADR' rules of coupling height.

Has anyone else had issues with this?

I'm not worried, just curious.

G'Day Mick,

A few of us on here have gone for the 75mm drop hitch. Works well for my Patrol with a 50mm lift, but then I only have the standard Outback Suspension on the Expanda.
As it is My expandas hitch sits at 430mm to the bottom of the poly block. I have no hitch spacer on mine.
I did read somewhere that the ADR height doesn't apply to Treg/ Trigg type hitches....... I might be wrong..... anyone else know anything about this??

Cheers,

Paul

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I'm awaiting my 50mm block from Canberra at the moment - no one I rang in Vic wanted to provide them, but each said to try so-and-so, they do them all the time......
however......$100 for the block and $10 per bolt.

Hopefully it will stop the drop hitch hitting speedhumps, gutters etc....

DSCF5037_resize.JPG

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
I'm awaiting my 50mm block from Canberra at the moment - no one I rang in Vic wanted to provide them, but each said to try so-and-so, they do them all the time......
however......$100 for the block and $10 per bolt.

Hopefully it will stop the drop hitch hitting speedhumps, gutters etc....

View attachment 5696

Hi SD,

Gee that is low.... Can see why your hitting speed humps !

I'm not familiar with the WDH set up as I don't use one. Is the bulk of the unit usually below the ball height ? Or is there different types that would raise the mounting block for the WDH poles ?

I'm guessing that with a 50mm block you can move the whole thing up 50mm. That will still only give you 200mm clearance. Is that going to fix the problem?

With a 75mm drop tongue I still have nearly 400mm from the hitch mounting bolt to the ground, but no WDH.

Cheers,

Paul

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We have the hr wdh I just check the height (without the van) and it's 30cm clear on our patrol. It hardly moves when we put the van in it. With just the nirmal tow ball we dropped 8cm though. We have strutts suitable for towing but nothing else. The van is just the standard outback suspension.

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
G'day there everyone, I was just checking through my final confirmation for 17-56.2, and noticed - Fit Tandem Simplicity Suspension rated at 2500kg with 10" Brakes, 2007mm face to face, include 50mm packer for O/B I presume this 50mm packer is for the Hitch. Anyone else had the packer included as standard?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day there everyone, I was just checking through my final confirmation for 17-56.2, and noticed - Fit Tandem Simplicity Suspension rated at 2500kg with 10" Brakes, 2007mm face to face, include 50mm packer for O/B I presume this 50mm packer is for the Hitch. Anyone else had the packer included as standard?
G'day Shadow,
The 50mm packer maybe be for between the suspension and the chassis to give the chassis some height? As its an OB.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
That will still only give you 200mm clearance. Is that going to fix the problem?

I have no idea. It won't be 150mm is all I know. :smile:
I had Bayswater Jayco set it for me, and that was the outcome to get it level.....
Maybe if it lifts up a bit, I can go back to a shorter shank also but time will tell

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
I have no idea. It won't be 150mm is all I know. :smile:
I had Bayswater Jayco set it for me, and that was the outcome to get it level.....
Maybe if it lifts up a bit, I can go back to a shorter shank also but time will tell

Well, Good Luck with it all SD, Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers,

Paul

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I am wondering if they have raised the overall height a little on the OB's? Ours sits almost level behind the Pajero now, and a 50mm spacer would fix it yet our old one needed the hitch mounted to top of the chassis to be level (150mm)