16' Series Replacing Rims and/or Tyres

SabreOne

Feb 12, 2021
SE Qld
Recently purchased a 2010 16.49HL which has had the axle flipped to below the Springs, but the factory rims and tyres look like "pram" wheels, just too small with a large gap between top of tyres and the body.

Any suggestions or solutions, I assume I'm not the first to think this?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On my 14.44 I replaced the OE wheels with some RoH steel rims and put bigger tyres on, not a biggy. I kept the 15" rim size just went a wider rim and tyre, going up a rim size would have made the rig too high and I would have had to use lower profile tyre.
I measured the distance from inside the rim to the outside of rim then added 20 mm for tyre, measured the room I had from outside of brake drum to chassis rail if new wheel was at least 20mm less it was good......

ianm67

May 17, 2021
Rouse Hill
Does anyone know who can flip the axle from top to under in North/West Sydney??..... and is there a kit available?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Does anyone know who can flip the axle from top to under in North/West Sydney??..... and is there a kit available?
Not living in Sydney I can’t answer your question directly but it is not a particularly difficult DIY job. I know this because I did it myself on my old 14-44 10 years ago. To assist, @Drover has done a write up here on how he has done it. Scroll back to the beginning of the thread to see it all. Good luck and welcome to the forum, our members are a friendly and helpful lot but also inquisitive. We like to see pictures and info on your rig and tug plus places you have been and where you want to go.