16' Series Replace Existing Swivel Table.... any suggestions?

Hi All,
I'm keen to replace the large, heavy and ugly table supplied as standard in our used 2008 16' bunk bed Expander.

I'm thinking of replacing with a Coleman or similar quality folding table or perhaps custom make a new top for the existing fitting.. Any thoughts, suggestions or photos are much appreciated.

BTW, off to Creswick this weekend if anyone is heading that way.

Cheers
Jon

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Jon, we don't have a table in ours! I contemplated the same as you then decided to remove altogether with our 16' and loved the extra space. Now with our 18' it's the same story infact we ordered it without table fitted, just supplied loose so no hole in floor. If the need arises we take our outside table inside but most of the time we eat outside, with the L shape lounge and tv opposite it's like a small lounge room......just need the foot stool now!

Cheers.

Reactions: Jonathan Roberts

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Jonathan
Have a look at the currrent 16.49-2 rather than swivel they have a fixed base but the top hinges to allow easier access to the bed end.

hornet

Apr 9, 2012
We took the swivel jobbie out and put a fixed table with the folding bit , like the newer expandas , worked out a bit expensive , we got the table made buy jayco, they make whatever size you want , put the folding bit wherever , and match the laminate , $245
But then you have to buy the wine glass type legs/ pole , *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* , and the cheapest ones we could find were $85 dollars each,
But it works heaps better , no more spilling of drinks when someone leans on the table and easier to get into bed once folded !

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
With our old 16.49.1 2007 model we looked at our options. We got a price from Jayco for a new table with two pedestals and table hinged. From memory it was around$260 plus fitting. In the end we decided to sell van and upgrade.

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
While waiting to pick up a friend from Adelaide Airport I wanderd through IKEA and came across table legs that you can adjust might be worth while putting a couple on to steady the table, will measure the hight next trip to Adelaide.With a pin they could be moved in seconds.