16' Series Recent Mods

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi all,

Only 5 days until our 3 week Holiday, so i thought I should get busy doing some of the mods that needed to be done ever since we bought our 16 49.

DSC03728.jpg

Storage for the TV and extra shelves
DSC03729.jpg

Wine and spirits storage
DSC03731.jpg

Needed an extra light above the table. Got it at Jaycar for $30 with a switch. It looks factory. Needs a bit of double sided tape in the middle as it is a flexible light...
DSC03732.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Neat work Stuart, have a great trip and be sure post up a trip return for all of us that have to work through Christmas :violin: :thumb:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Your going for 3 weeks and only have storage for 6 bottles of wine/spirits...

I have thought of that myself. As long as SWMBO doesn't take up too much spirits room with wine i should be ok.

Have a spare cupboard for back up bottles :)

And yes Cruza Driver, will be posting up plenty :)

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Great to see your mods , I like the woodgrain on the shelves. I think the white melamine I used stands out a bit too much. Might copy that one.....

Yep & the dinette really needs a light too! Looks good. I also put one over the sink area. Did you pick up the power from where the wires go into the terminal box in the next cupboard?

Thanks for sharing your ideas

Cheers

Paul

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Have a great trip Stuart, all those mods will serve you well, at least the wine rack anyway.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Great to see your mods , I like the woodgrain on the shelves. I think the white melamine I used stands out a bit too much. Might copy that one.....

Yep & the dinette really needs a light too! Looks good. I also put one over the sink area. Did you pick up the power from where the wires go into the terminal box in the next cupboard?

Thanks for sharing your ideas

Cheers

Paul

Cheers for all the comments. :amen: Yeah the wood grain on the shelf's is actually the same as the lino on the floor that Jayco used. We have the same Lino in our kitchen and laundry so I had some left overs off cuts that fitted perfectly on the shelving and as it matches the floor it looks sort of factory.

The bourbon rack is a copy of my old's Paramount van. I thought it was a good idea so went and got one. I got it from woollies for $10... Filling it is more expensive, but dam fun emptying it :)

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Forgot to mention about the power supply for the light. Yes, I picked up the power from the little box in the next cupboard. I thought at first I would have to splice in to the wiring, but when I saw that junction it worked out perfectly...