Rear galvanized bar for Expanda

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
For anyone who has added a modified rear bar to their expanda's I am looking for a galvanized one to replace the powder coated white bar that is useless for anything except maybe reversing back to far into the wheel barrow.

Cheers

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
G'Day,

When we ordered our Expanda we requested it to be supplied with the Galvanised Square rear bumper & the dealer fitted it at no extra charge. I think they just took one from another van at the dealership & swapped it. Don't really care where they got it from but am happy with it. I don't think it was an option from the factory though. I also didn't like the powder coated tube rear bar.

Maybe the dealer might be able to help with one in a change over type deal............

Good to see another Sunbury member on here....

Cheers,
Paul

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi there, if it just a straight bar, no wheel carrier etc you want then i can make you one for 450 galvernised

Cheers

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Hi Paul,

Apparently the galvanised bar was not an option or allowed on the 14.44.5 not sure why except maybe for weight and balancing purposes so I couldn't get one even from the dealer. Plan is to move the spare to the rear and add a tool box and basket to the front.

Yes, not too many of us in Sunbury ; )

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Perfect Gavin, all I need to do is work out the budget then work out the weights etc so it is still good from a warranty perspective. Jayco were not impressed when I asked for a bar to replace the crap white one so that I could relocate the spare wheel. I can get a bolt on wheel carrier for $85 but if you can provide a bar with a non swing down mount that might win the prize. The 14.44.5 doesn't have a rear bed, so don't need the swing down mount, just a fixed one.

Cheers