Range Hood Lights

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
We picked up our new Expanda the other day and am currently looking at what LED bulbs I need for the Van. To replace the bulbs in the range hood do you have to remove the entire range hood from the shelf to access the bulbs?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Look for a thread on LED upgrades, there is no there. You undo the tray on the bottom but have to be super careful of the self tappers as they will strip out.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I changed my range hood lights over to LED lights. It took about 10 minutes.

You simply undo the four screws that hold the range hood top on. It drops down. Then its as simple as unplugging the downlight and replacing it with an LED down light.

The range hood lights are either 2 x small down lights which are known as MR11 {35mm diameter} or 1 x single down light known as the MR16 {45mm diameter}. I have the 12smd leds in my range hood which means there are 12 little LED lights on the one downlight. This in my opinion is sufficient.

If you go to ebay.com.au and search for "Jayco Led Lights" you`ll see a heap of them for sale.

I changed all the lights on my expands to LEDs, which when every single light on only uses around 2 amps per hour instead of the 20 amps per hour the old lights chewed up.

Another bit of advice I'd give is use the plug in lights over the double sided tape panel lights.

I have found that the double sided tape doesn`t always hold, and theres no fiddly little wires to muck around with.

As I said before, you`ll see them under the "Jayco LED lights" search on ebay.com.au

Cheers.