Swan Raising a Swan roof.......

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Son In law has a Swan and is finding that when winding the roof up one of the corner posts is popping out ?? and that side will drop down causing all sorts of hassles. Some problem with the winder cable ???

I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet but he will be bringing it down here to see if I can sort it out in the shed.
Not all that conversant with these things, so sorry if it's a bit vague but hope some learned person here can enlighten me as to what the problem may be before I get the tools out and dismantle his rig doing a bit of reverse engineering, always scares people then.

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Had this happen on ours recently, found that the bolt that goes through the leg and into the roof had snapped. It is a lttle difficult to replace as the roof is fairly heavy. He will need a couple of offsiders to lift the roof to allow all of the holes to line up

Reactions: Drover

rags

when you say popping out , is it the top post section [or 2nd section] of the 3 post sections popping out with the result being the spring lifter also popping out. This was what happened on our old camper on occasion. The problem being a broken retainer clip, the fix was getting the clip replaced [jayco part] and cost was not real dear [done as part of service] with the service people having a special tool made up to enable a simple repair.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Seems like I will have to see it first so I can ascertain exactly what is happening. I wiil be back.