Electrical Quality 12 pin

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
Chasing some more advice. I have to get the cruiser changed to a 12 pin. Are there better quality options than Narva as I have been frustrated with these in the past?
I notice super cheap have a metal one for not much more. Is this a better option?

Reactions: yabbietol

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
There are now also combination plugs with a 12-pin socket and an Anderson plug.
Some cars use a magnetic reed switch in the 12-pin socket to determine if a trailer is connected and use this to turn off the reversing sensors, rear camera etc. You may want to check. For instance, one is needed for a Ford FG MK II sedan.
If that isn't complicated enough, these sockets have reed switches which come in two versions: Normally open and normally closed.

cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover and RobRoy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The KiSS method which I am a disciple of means just fit a 7pin as per normal the other bits are rubbish, power your van/fridge with an Anderson then it will be plug in and forget, all the rest is BS.
With the annoying damn reversing beeps I just pull my hearing aids out, but really its no more annoting than the kids yelling.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
The KiSS method which I am a disciple of means just fit a 7pin as per normal the other bits are rubbish, power your van/fridge with an Anderson then it will be plug in and forget, all the rest is BS.
With the annoying damn reversing beeps I just pull my hearing aids out, but really its no more annoting than the kids yelling.

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
That was my first choice, mr Jayco advised against changing the van, for warranty issues