Pyramid Stabilizer Stands

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all,

My jockey wheel on the 17.56 always looks like it settles on an 'awkward' angle when detached from the car.......

Thinking of getting those Pyramid Stabilizer Stands to prop up the A frame & remove the jockey wheel.

Has anyone one got them/use them??

If so what type/size & how many for the 17.56. I'm assuming 1 for under the A frame??

Izzy

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I don't use a support so can help there, but what causes it to be on an angle?
Has the bracket not been welded straight, or a poor fit of stalk to bracket or does the van move?

I'd try something a bit lighter to carry first, like a jockey wheel receiver base thing and wheel chocks???

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
I don't use a support so can help there, but what causes it to be on an angle?
Has the bracket not been welded straight, or a poor fit of stalk to bracket or does the van move?

I'd try something a bit lighter to carry first, like a jockey wheel receiver base thing and wheel chocks???

Hey Straydingo,

Had the van serviced by Darts Mobile. Showed them what I was talking about....basically being a 'newb' it was user error. They sowed me the correct height etc and talked about the stands...all good now. Thnx.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I am interested in the stands as well but mainly to stabilise the van more.

I find the kids rock the van constantly and even with the legs out it seems to rock quite a bit.

I was thinking of getting 4 of them two for either side of the axle to try and stabilise the van more......

glee

Dec 30, 2011
I use those stands. The wind down corner steadies are useless. I used to have 4 and put one under each corner (on the chassis beams). It would take ages but my youngest child rocked the boat all night and I get seasick. I have now discovered a quick and almost as effective way. Lower the jockey wheel so the van tilts down towards the front. Put a stand under each corner at the rear. Wind jockey wheel up until van level. The weight lift off the springs just a little ie the van raise up about two inches. Most weight is still on the wheels but the van is no longer springy.
One of these days I might take off the corner steadies and put on Alko drop down jacks. I would think they would be great.