18' Series priced new 18.58-2 OB today

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
So you find it keeps temperature well even on the really hot days? that makes me feel better I don't know why i am so skeptical of these fridges used to compressor fridges i guess

Yea seems very strange that there is no record of a 174lt fridge anywhere! i hope it is one of the tropical rated ones that would definitely put me at ease

Thanks again guys
We where up the murry over Xmas temps where high 30's every day for 2 weeks and I had to rest the temp as it was freezing some food in the fridge and it has the 2 fans I would bet the one you are looking at would be the same so much more room compared the the little fridge that was in the swan

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
So you find it keeps temperature well even on the really hot days? that makes me feel better I don't know why i am so skeptical of these fridges used to compressor fridges i guess

Yea seems very strange that there is no record of a 174lt fridge anywhere! i hope it is one of the tropical rated ones that would definitely put me at ease

Thanks again guys

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
it looks like the fridge is on the off-side. I would definitely recommend getting a shade cloth to keep the sun off the fridge vents.
This is especially helpful on hot days.

It was the first mod I did to improve the performance of our fridge. Having fans is going to help much more if you can get cool air into the inlet vent.

regards
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and Ssil2000

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's the same one that we're getting...Thetford 185.

I was resisting it as I was annoyed that the onboard electronics meant it had to have constant 12v power for the panel and controls, even when run on gas.

Why can't they go for simpler rather that complicated?

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear it performed well.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
That's the same one that we're getting...Thetford 185.

I was resisting it as I was annoyed that the onboard electronics meant it had to have constant 12v power for the panel and controls, even when run on gas.

Why can't they go for simpler rather that complicated?

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear it performed well.
Hi Dobbie,
I wouldn't think that the electronics will draw much power. For the fridge to work well you need to have the fans. In that case you need constant 12V power anyway. I would think that the fans will draw more than the electronics.

It would be interesting to know how much the fans and the electronics actually draw.
Also, in a Dometic RM2350, the gas is either on full or in pilot mode. I wonder if the Thetford provides better regulation of the gas flow.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: Ssil2000

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
0.7 amps per hour.

They had to convince me that it was minimal.

I'll let you know about the Thetford once we've tried it. But had absolutely no issues with the Dometic 150 and two fridge fans on that...controlled via a separate switch which was great when travelling in 35 plus temps when the temp inside the van was really high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssil2000 and bigcol

Ssil2000

Jan 27, 2017
Adelaide
0.7 amps per hour.

They had to convince me that it was minimal.

I'll let you know about the Thetford once we've tried it. But had absolutely no issues with the Dometic 150 and two fridge fans on that...controlled via a separate switch which was great when travelling in 35 plus temps when the temp inside the van was really high.

Definitely following :)

Reactions: bigcol

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hey guys with WDH's will the dealer sort that out or do i need to do that separately?
Hi,
for your information.

I got a 1,600kg Ford towbar fitted, more than enough to tow a Penguin, so I thought no further.
However, later on I started thinking about a WDH. Reading through the Ford User manual, it clearly stated that the
1,600kg towbar is not suitable for WDH. I need to fit the heavy duty 2,300kg in order to fit a WDH.
I should have investigated this more thoroughly before I started getting things fitted.

So a WDH is now off my shopping list for the time being.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: Ssil2000

Ssil2000

Jan 27, 2017
Adelaide
Hey @Ssil2000 dealer can sort it out, but worth getting a few prices from other places as well. have you worked out that you definitely need one? sometimes they are required sometimes not :)

I possibly might be going interstate to pick it up and want it for the drive back ideally.vI have a '14 Dmax stock, i believe i will need it and want it based on some close friends experiences that swear by them

Hi,
for your information.

I got a 1,600kg Ford towbar fitted, more than enough to tow a Penguin, so I thought no further.
However, later on I started thinking about a WDH. Reading through the Ford User manual, it clearly stated that the
1,600kg towbar is not suitable for WDH. I need to fit the heavy duty 2,300kg in order to fit a WDH.
I should have investigated this more thoroughly before I started getting things fitted.

So a WDH is now off my shopping list for the time being.

cheers
Mike

3.5 tonne tow bar on the dmax should be all good ;)

Ssil2000

Jan 27, 2017
Adelaide
Very good what options you get and how long until pick up
Ended up with jhub, second battery, extended draw bar, ESC, outside shower, picnic table, extra 12v in the top bunk, light on the other side of the van where the external shower is, jerry can holder, storm covers, washing machine, tv/stereo/bracket/antenna, solar upgrade to 150w

They are saying mid April

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Ended up with jhub, second battery, extended draw bar, ESC, outside shower, picnic table, extra 12v in the top bunk, light on the other side of the van where the external shower is, jerry can holder, storm covers, washing machine, tv/stereo/bracket/antenna, solar upgrade to 150w

They are saying mid April
Sweet the jhub look cool did you get 1 or 2 p