20' Series Pressure hatch worth doing?

dugite57

Nov 18, 2015
Perth, Western Australia
Been thinking of getting a pressure hatch (or two?) put into our 20.64-1 and was wondering if anyone else has done this and did it work on keeping out the dust. I've not gone off road yet but intend too and I'd rather solve any dust ingress issue before it occurs. I did see the you-tube of the guy that modded his Jayco camper trailer with a snorkel head, seems to have worked, but I'd rather just get a pressure hatch if they work...

Thanks in advance

Vince

Reactions: Delano

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I found sealing the holes that they leave after running cables as well as the rear wall panel where it joins the floor underneath, dust would get into the area where the tail lights are and end up in the back of the van also a vinyl flap inside the door vent stopped ingress of dust.
A scoop on the roof would be great until the first road train drove past but trying to pressurize the interior before plugging every hole and crack you can find may not work.

Reactions: bigcol

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Been thinking of getting a pressure hatch (or two?) put into our 20.64-1 and was wondering if anyone else has done this and did it work on keeping out the dust. I've not gone off road yet but intend too and I'd rather solve any dust ingress issue before it occurs. I did see the you-tube of the guy that modded his Jayco camper trailer with a snorkel head, seems to have worked, but I'd rather just get a pressure hatch if they work...

Thanks in advance

Vince
We have 2005 16 48 3 outback and one was fitted as standard travelled lots of dirt roads never had a problem with dust ,. hope this helps

shiraz
end of month heading west for 6 months just got house sitter and picking date .looking to walk parts of walk Albany to perth.

Reactions: jeff and bigcol