Just Browsing prado owners

Oct 19, 2012
we use the ones with the rubber straps that fit onto the existing ones although I have heard they can let go on long trips. We have had no problems with them also very easy and quick to fit.:)

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
We use the Milenco Grand Aero mirrors, I find them perfect for our 2006 Prado, once you have set them up they're so easy to fit and re-fit during your trips.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
we use the ones with the rubber straps that fit onto the existing ones although I have heard they can let go on long trips. We have had no problems with them also very easy and quick to fit.:)

I used these on the hilux and how the Mazda. Mine are the cheap ones!
They seem to work fine for me, only fell off once after an hour of corrugations. Probably should have checked them anyway!!!

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Mate, I use the cheap ones and I find if you stretch the left over tongue of rubber the opposite way that it wants to lay so that it is locked down tight, it will never come off. I worked this out after loosing 2 and have never lost one since, I hope this makes sense, if not I can put a photo up. Barney

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
thanks holden man I was a hz wagon lover still am I do miss them I had 2 in my younger days had to be the prem too
such comfy seats I miss the sound of the 253 the feel the smell im getting sad now could never find a car to replace them thought I did but have been searching since I will check out the mirrors thanks

Hey @Bluey if you want to get over the HZ, go buy a Ford you will soon forget about Holdens like I did

Reactions: Chooky

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey mate, Two prados 90 series at the top of the forum (mine and father in laws old cars) both had the strap ones. They also transferred to his newer 120 series worked fine. Only issue we have with that style (and have since upgraded) is that they can damage you door, your window and the rubber seal on the window.

We now use brunsgaard 4 point mirrors. Love them. So easy, light and always setup in the same position. :)

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
nice thanks barney know what u mean pic would be good if u can
I found that they only fell off due to the strap being a little short and only hooking up in about the last couple of ridges, so strap slips thru, especialy when something big is coming toward you,they just fall off(always the drivers side for me). Since bending the tail of strap the opposite way , mine have not come off over thousands of klms including dirt roads. Will try and put up a photo this weekend.Barney