Possible shower unit for the 14.44.4

cruiser

Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

When I was at the Rosehill show I spotted an idea that I would think would be good on the back of a 14.44.4 (which I hope to order later this year). Seeing as there is no shower/toilet in that model, a fold up unit like shown in this picture would be perfect.

I didn't get a photo myself but a friend took this photo when they were there. Not the best shot of the shower unit but still gives you an idea. It drops out of a fold up fibreglass mould which is hinged at the top similar to the standard expanda bed ends. A little light mounted centrally on the rear wall shone through an opening for night time use. This caravan had the shower head behind a small opening in the back wall, but you could just run a longer hose from the external jayco shower I would imagine.

How strong /thick are the rear walls of a 14.44.4. I know you can get bike carriers for the rear, but how much weight could really be mounted to the wall given it would be also be clamped tightly down low as well as the hinge holding the top.

Thoughts??

Shower.jpg

cruiser

Apr 30, 2012
When I was there they said that the shower unit was an extra that the customer could purchase for their van. Not sure of prices though.
They also said another manufacturer has approached them to use them on their vans. It was one of the true off road vans like the kedrons or similar, but again cant remember which.

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Thats quite neat(!)

I was actually thinking of attaching a shortened bagged awning across the back of my 14.44-4, similar to what would be on an Eagle, Hawk,Dove ect. Thought it would be great for those time when you are backed up to river and want a bit of shad or even somewhere to store the kids bikes out of the rain. After seeing this idea, I guess it could also double as a bush shower off the back of the van....