Plumbing rant!

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
More of an annoying observation than a rant, but why can't Jayco align the direction of drainage from the kitchen sink drainer; the shower tray; and the underneath drain plumbing all in the same direction?
Although I try to get the caravan reasonably level front to back, if I have it slightly nose down then the water doesn't run back into the sink but rather over the bench top. It does however help the shower water to reach the outlet quicker so less likely to get wet feet when going to the toilet.
Alternatively, if it is slightly front high, then the sink drainer works better but some shower water collects in the shower tray near the toilet.
Ideally, if they rotated the shower tray 180 with the drain outlet towards the rear, then all plumbing both inside and underneath would flow the same way.
Guess different models will be different but my experience suggests that the designers don't try using all of their various models otherwise they would have fixed this by now.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ideally, if they rotated the shower tray 180 with the drain outlet towards the rear, then all plumbing both inside and underneath would flow the same way.
Our 17.56.2 has the shower floor drain towards the rear and works well.

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
I agree I don't understand when you can go to two different vans of same model and have pipes etc in slightly different positions and why the need to put the kitchen drain pipes at the front of the cupboard not the back thus limiting space in cupboards

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Our shower drain is at the back and we have a big shammy in there to wipe floor and walls after shower works well

Reactions: Jags73