Plugging your van in at home

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Hi All,
Weve been travelling around Australia since March 2011 and having a great time. We recently stopped in Perth for a while at a friends place . It was then that i hit the problem of plugging the van in to a normal power point at home. We were still living in the van in the backyard so needed power.
Being an Electrician i could have wired in a 15Amp power point at our friends place but this wouldnt have solved the problem the next time this happens.
I looked around and found a solution at the local caravan shop so that i could plug into a 10Amp power point. This device would trip out if i drew more than 10Amps but allowed me to legally and easily plug the caravan in and use it aswell. The one problem i had with this device was the price, they were asking over $200 for the overload model and $250 for the safety switch model (if the caravan you are plugging in does not have a Safety Switch/RCD)

I then went to a few electrical wholesalers and found everything i needed for around half that price.

It was splashproof, lockable, has an indicator light to see if it trips out,1.5m 10Amp lead so you can sit the box wherever you want.

I thought i would try to spread the love and see if anyone out there in Expanda land had found the same thing.
I bought a couple of extra sets of everything i need to make a few more if anyone is interested.

If you were after the Circuit Breaker version (if your van has a Safety Switch fitted) i can send that out to you for $120incl. postage
If you were after the Safety Switch & Circuit Breaker version (if your van does NOT have a Safety Switch fitted) i can send that out to you for $140 incl postage.
Please email me at nvelec@hotmail.com if you are interested or want to know more

IMG_2373.JPG

Cheers
Rohan